Two Under 2
Options

Cloth diapering 2!

Hi, all!

My oldest just turned 2 this month, so I'm no longer 2u2. But, I made a post on my blog about having 2 babies in cloth diapers. 

Thought some of you might find it interesting or helpful. =)

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
Tales of the Wife

imageimage

Re: Cloth diapering 2!

• Options
    Thanks! I have been considering this. What kind of laundry detergent do you use? Is there a kind that works well with cloth diapers that you can buy at the grocery store or Target?
  • Options
    How many cloth diapers do you suggest having for a newborn?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Planet is usually the easiest detergent that is CD friendly to find, but here's a global list so you can see what is carried near you (or you can always order online - this is what we do since Planet doesn't work well with our hard water): https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm

As for numbers, we have 24 fitteds, 18 prefolds (which we don't use very much but will start in the next couple of weeks when the fitteds stop fitting), and 4 covers for daytime use (have a different thicker fitted for night time).  I do laundry every other day; if you want to do laundry less frequently, buy more dipes, but my washer gets pretty full about that point with 2 kids in diapers and it allows me to sun diapers to get stains out (so really, I have 3 days worth of fitteds).

• Options

Thanks for the information! I have been researching cloth diapering. I still have a lot to learn Smile

I am not using them with my toddler but have decided to try them out on my baby due in November.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"