LGBT Parenting

**CT**

Please, please, please talk me down.

We are about to start our homestudy, paperwork is going in the mail Wednesday. I am scared to death. I can't sleep. I am so worried that after all this time something will take our girls away from us. I hate that our county does things backwards, homestudies should come first.

Any advice? Are the interviews like the questionnaires? If so, I am super excited about discussing my sex life with a strangerWink

Re: **CT**

• crap, i just typed out a big long response and it got eaten. boo.

But the moral of what i wrote was: you will be fine! Since you are doing the homestudy after already being a foster parent for so long, the questions and home inspections will feel like old hat.  And remember, they want to get kids out of the system.  As soon as they have a TPR child, they WANT to get them adopted asap - so you are all on the same team.  they arent going to be looking for something to be wrong, probably just the opposite. 

But the questions we got were all the typical things:

- your past, growing up years, any tramas, ect

- extended family, trends, issues, sources of support

- marriage, conflict resolution, blance of labor, ect

- parenting philosophies and strategies

- plans for the future, TTC, jobs, education, health

They also had us complete a personality survey and discuss the results as they relate to our marriage...we ended up getting the least compatable results and they still gave us kids :P

This is just one more silly hoop on the way to the goal - its not worth any stress at all and you'll do great.

• Thank you! I am trying not to worry too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"