Potty Training
Options

Car seat protector?

Hi Ladies,

I am attempting to seriously potty train my almost 3 year old, and was wondering what you use to protect the car seat when you go out?  Or, do you have another solution I'm not thinking of?  TIA!

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car seat protector?

• Options
    ::listening in for suggestions::
  • Options
    I've had what's called a Piddle Pad (by Summer'sInfant  I think) since DD was about a year old and leaked in her diaper one too many times :) The packaging saied it would hold like a cup of fluid or something so I assume it would catch a PT accident.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have been using a dish towel. DD has been really good.  We went to the beach on sunday and she said "bye bye pee pees" and we pulled off the freeway for her to pee in the potty we have in the back of the SUV. 

My husband wanted to engineer something better and then sell it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS is surprisingly good about not peeing in the car.  I started with a small towel, but he didn't like it in his seat, so we took it out.  He's never had an accident in the car (knock on wood).  We have a travel potty, but normally just make stops every hour or two for him to go.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We also use the Piddle Pad. I got it at BRU for I think around $12. It's a pad with some type of plastic on the bottom, so it protects the carseat from getting wet. DS has had an accident or two, and I just take it out and throw it in the washer. It's pretty handy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One carseat is due for a wash, so I risk it in that one.  The one in our other car is brand new, so I put down one of those tiny lap pad things just in case.  Never has been an issue though.  We just try to go before we leave the house, and if we're in the car longer he uses potty as an excuse to get us to pull over and get him out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"