Potty Training

3 dayers.. ...

Are you really tossing out all your diapers/pullups?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 dayers.. ...

• That would be the ONE thing that is stopping me from doing the 3d.  I'm willing to do all that is written except the night time underwear and throw away the diapers.  Is there a common ground that somone did both? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestove-stamp:
    That would be the ONE thing that is stopping me from doing the 3d.  I'm willing to do all that is written except the night time underwear and throw away the diapers.  Is there a common ground that somone did both? 
    I yeah i think i will go with the night time training slowly.
  • Loading the player...
  • We did it a few weeks ago, but we didn't throw out any diapers. We use cloth, but even if we didn't I wouldn't throw out unused sposies. Surely there is someone else who can use them; it would be such a waste to just trash them. I think her point is that you need to get rid of everything so you're not tempted to revert back out of frustration. We just took all our cloth diapers out of the drawer on her changing table and put them up. We're selling most of them, and the important thing was just to get them out of the way so they're not easy to reach for.

Fwiw, we did do nighttime training at the same time and it's been great. DD has never had an accident in her bed (even during those first 3 days). We just cut her off liquids 2-3 hours before bed and make sure she pees before bed.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • imageSummerly2:

We did it a few weeks ago, but we didn't throw out any diapers. We use cloth, but even if we didn't I wouldn't throw out unused sposies. Surely there is someone else who can use them; it would be such a waste to just trash them. I think her point is that you need to get rid of everything so you're not tempted to revert back out of frustration. We just took all our cloth diapers out of the drawer on her changing table and put them up. We're selling most of them, and the important thing was just to get them out of the way so they're not easy to reach for.

Fwiw, we did do nighttime training at the same time and it's been great. DD has never had an accident in her bed (even during those first 3 days). We just cut her off liquids 2-3 hours before bed and make sure she pees before bed.

This almost exactly.  Put away the cloth diapers and training pants, and the pullups we did have I let DS "throw away" into a clean trash bag that I pretended to take out.  My friend isn't ready to PT her son, so I'm giving her the pullups.

And nights go well here too.  We did have accidents on nights one and two, but only 2 others in the 2 weeks since.  I can deal with the occasional accident...my 4 yo had them once in a blue moon too after he night trained.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"