TTC after 35
Options

Greetings... I am new here

I would like to introduce myself... I am ttc #1, finally at the ripe age of 36. The past few years I was using paragard IUD as birth control, so I am happy at least not to have to deal with coming off of hormones. Last month was my first real try, and I began the cycle charting, using OPKs, and timing everything as well as I could. I was surprised how bad I felt when I did not find myself pregnant on the first try-- intellectually, this makes no sense, but emotionally, it is a whole different ball game. Anyhow, I am looking for a little support and community as I go through this process.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

Re: Greetings... I am new here

• Options

I am recently new to this board too! But a few years and cycles ahead of you. I know what you mean and if you read through some posts, you'll see a lot of women on this board who are all feeling/have felt similarly "What do you mean I'm not?" It's disappointing, especially when you feel like your timing was right on!

I don't know about you but I have had so many friends/coworkers tell me, "Oh, I got PG at 38/39...you will too." and "Oh, for us it just happened right away." I can't help but feel a twinge envious and want to have that same luck. 

G/L and may your stay be short and sweet. 

• Options
    Hi amanda and welcome, sorry about your BFN, good luck this cycle, hope your stay is short and sweet, all the ladies here are wonderful!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Amanda....welcome and GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    Welcome to the board.  Hope you have a short stay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome!  I am 36 as well, but have three children.  I just recently married and would love to have a child with my husband.  Even though I have three children, I'm still worried about trying to conceive now at 36.  I am just charting right now and will try for the first time in August. 

I hope that it is quick for you!  So far I have really enjoyed reading all the posts on here and the women are all so nice!

• Options
    Welcome!!  This board is great! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome to the board!  Don't worry about not getting pg on the first try......sometimes it takes practice.......fun, fun "practice"! 

Good luck for a BFP!

• Options
    hello and welcome.  This board is simply amazing.  GL !!!
    5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -> miss m/c discovered on 4/6/09 at 9wks 3 days ( measured 6wks 1day ) m/c on 4/15/09 -> natural m/c on 8/27/09 at 8wks 1 day -> miss m/c discovered on 5/27/10 at 8wks 3 days ( measured 8wks ) m/c on 6/15/10 -> natural m/c on 1/27/11 at 10wks 3days -> natural m/c on 3/12/12 at 7wks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"