North Carolina Babies

If you take a baby pool to the beach

What kind do you take?  I think DS would like that, but it seems like a burden.  We have a small blow up one from when he was a baby that he still likes, but we'd have to blow it up.  Do you wait and blow it up on the beach, or blow it up beforehand?  His other pool is way too big to take, and the one we had that doesn't blow up we took to my mom's. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you take a baby pool to the beach

• We took one of those small hard pools, and Maddie LOVED having it on the beach. It was kind of a pain to fill with water and then drag all the way up to the canopy, but it was worth it. When she got tired of the ocean/sand, she'd spend a ton of time playing in the pool, plus she was in the shade which was nice.

It is kind of bulky in the car, but we just did one layer of big flat stuff, then the pool, and then filled up the pool with more stuff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Keira is younger, so we just did a small inflatable pool and blew it up in the condo before heading to the beach.  Next year I don't know what we'll do since she'll be too big for it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejenhum:

We took one of those small hard pools, and Maddie LOVED having it on the beach. It was kind of a pain to fill with water and then drag all the way up to the canopy, but it was worth it. When she got tired of the ocean/sand, she'd spend a ton of time playing in the pool, plus she was in the shade which was nice.

It is kind of bulky in the car, but we just did one layer of big flat stuff, then the pool, and then filled up the pool with more stuff.

OMG I love the new picture of Maddie!  She is getting so big!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a tiny blow up pool that we will take to the beach.  It's small enough that you can easily blow it up on the beach without a pump. 

However, I'm seriously looking into this pool that MrsNnearly recommended!

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536750&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=535639

• We did an inflatable pool last year (when she was about 10 mos old) and it was great. This year we didn't do it and she was completely fine with that too. I really was a pain honestly to bring it when we did. We blew it up on the beach, then filled it with buckets of water. Then when we were leaving, deflated it, tried to clean most sand of. Really just wasn't worth it to bring it again this year. We had enough stuff to carry. Just MHO.
  • We're taking the inflatable pool and will blow it up in the house b/f going out there.  We haven't done that in the past, but my brother did that with his baby and said it worked great.
  • imagemrsmikey:

OMG I love the new picture of Maddie!  She is getting so big!

Thanks! She is looking like a little girl these days, it's crazy!

• This is our pool.  It's so easy to blow up... MIL got it at the beach last year and she loves it!

• imagefutureJHL:

This is our pool.  It's so easy to blow up... MIL got it at the beach last year and she loves it!

whoops, sorry that's so big...not sure how to change it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"