Alabama Babies

R/P: Veggies...finally!

I posted this on the 12-24 month board but thought I would share it here as well.

Getting Allie to eat veggies has been a big ordeal for us.  When we were doing baby food, she ate plenty of carrots, sweet potatoes, etc...but when it comes to table foods, NO!  Anyways, I made a "vegetable casserole" last night and she loved it!  It is really cheesy and kind of like a pot pie, so I thought I would share:

Ingredients:

2 cans of Veg-all
1 can of corn
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 large, or 2 small cans of shredded chicken (optional...leave out if using more as a side dish)
1 stick of crumbled Ritz crackers

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Drain all cans.  In a casserole dish, mix all ingredients, except for Ritz crackers.  After mixing all ingredients well, cover the top with the entire stick of crumbled Ritz.  Place in oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the top is brown and the sides are bubbling. 

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: R/P: Veggies...finally!

• I make this casserole all the time without the chicken.  I will try adding chicken next time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used to make it all the time, and then DH complained that he was getting tired of it.  SO, I haven't made it in a long time.  I was strolling through the grocery store the other night and it crossed my mind that I should make it and see if Allie would eat it, and she did!
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"