North Carolina Babies

Wooden Train sets (non-Thomas)?

Anyone know of any reasonably-price, non-Thomas wooden train sets? J has gotten into trains lately, but has no clue who Thomas is & I don't think I really want to get into that (it's expensive!!). I really just want the wooden tracks & trains, not all the other stuff (trees, etc) that I'm finding in some sets.

His bday is coming up & I was thinking about adding it to his grandparent present wishlist. Thanks! 

Re: Wooden Train sets (non-Thomas)?

• We bought Target brand (Circo) train table and tracks over Christmas. I just could not justify spending so much more for the Thomas name. The good thing is the real thomas trains are compatible with the train tracks so it worked out nicely. He got a few Thomas trains to go on his non thomas track and table.
  • I don't have one, but I would do the Circo set too.  Or Ikea.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We might be selling ours just because the kids don't seem to play with it very much and we're in a much needed CLEAN OUT TOYS mood!  LOL!  I'm having a hard time remembering where you live at, but we're also selling our train table if you're interested.  Just let me know.
  • Have you checked the Melissa & Doug website? They usually have a lot of great wooden toys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I picked AT a simple one at Ikea last year. It only have 4 cars but he still loves it.
  • imageuncjules:
    Have you checked the Melissa & Doug website? They usually have a lot of great wooden toys.

i got one of these trains at a yard sale for 50 cents!!  i was so excited when i looked it up, a $17 train set for 50 cents??? can't beat that!!!  it is missing 2 pieces, but you can't really tell. it seems like really good quality too!

• We got Connor this train set off of Ebay for Christmas.  It does have all of the extra stuff (trees, people, signs, etc) but I just kept them all boxed up.  He loves this set and it is great quality.  It is also compatible with all of the Thomas stuff were he to get any.
    image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • We also have the small set from Ikea for Eli and it's really nice.  And you can buy more to add to it.  It's also compatible with other sets.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"