Blended Families
Options

Does this sound crazy to anyone else?

I mentioned about two weeks ago that BM's brother has been arrested for attempted murder.  Well apparently he is out on bail.  DH got a call yesterday from BM saying that she needed him to take SD since her two sons (15 and 17) weren't going to be home.  He found out when he went to pick up SD that they are spending the night (last night and we just found out tonight) with her brother. 

SD was telling me while we were swimming that they were staying with her uncle but that all the guns have been removed from the house.  I am sorry, I wouldn't worry about her brother hurting the boys but obviously there is an issue with the guy he shot!  Who is to say that he wont retaliate and show up to the house?  I know it shouldn't surprise me after just half the stuff BM has pulled but I would never even consider letting my child stay with someone (even a family member) who has been charged with a violent crime even in self defense just a couple of weeks prior knowing that the person he has been charged with shooting is their (BM and her brother's) sister's boyfriend and is still probably pretty pissed.  Or am I just crazy?

Re: Does this sound crazy to anyone else?

• Options
    Sorry, but if anyone that I knew had gotten into that sort of trouble, they (at most) would be allowed supervised visits. I totally agree with you on the retaliation thing. I am sure nothing would happen, but I would not be happy.
  • Options
    Yeah, I will not even let my kids stay unsupervised at my brother's because I do not think he would follow my rules and I do not trust him to keep his hunting guns locked properly.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is crazy and the bm is being irresponsible by letting her kids stay there. I am refusing ds's next visit w/his dad as long as his brother is still staying there. He was diagnosed w/a mental disorder (bi-polar? schitzophrenia? I don't know, they won't tell me) and last month he stole a car & crashed it. I don't trust him around ds & I refuse to sit here & be helpless. You have every right to be upset.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"