Parenting after 35

Generation Gap

So I lurk on a few other boards.  On one of them, a poster was thinking of naming her daughter Monroe.  Most people shot it down because it's a boy's name....

I didn't like it because it reminds me of "Too Close for Comfort."

I am old.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Generation Gap

• Yes, you are. Devil

j/k... you're a Spring Chicken!

But I'd forgotten about Jim J. Bullock as Monroe and Too Close for Comfort. I loved that show.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  •  I think of Too Close for Comfort character too when I hear Monroe as a name.

Remember Jim J. Bullock's talk show with Tammy Faye Bakker? I wonder what tv execs thought that was a good idea!

• Loading the player...
  • lol- that is the only time i think i've ever heard of anyone with that name!

i actually kinda like it for a baby girl... not a boy though b/c i do thinko f the show.

• We are old ladies.  I have a classmate from highschool who is already a grandmother.  Embarrassed
  • imagevanverth:
    We are old ladies.  I have a classmate from highschool who is already a grandmother.  Embarrassed

Yep.  Going to a party this weekend at a friend's, who happens to be a year younger than I am.  It is for her daughter's high school graduation/18th birthday.  And Ellie just turned 7 months.  Old.... 

• My cousin in N. Ireland will be a grandmother next month. Her 17 year old daughter is having a baby girl. My cousin is 37!
  • Oh ladies.. .I'm helping to plan my 25th HIGH SCHOOL REUNION for August.   And several of my classmates are already grandparents several times over now.  One was a teenaged mom, and her son was a teenaged dad, so she was a grandma at 34.  Most of my friends are amazed that I'm just starting all this fun.

• LOL! I'm right there with you.

BTW, that's the middle name of almost every male in my family.

I kind of like it for a girl. I am so odd.

• Hahahahaha OMG, I forgot that show!  :)

I could easily be a grandmother by now, my bio-daughter Erin is 25! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"