March 2011 Moms
Options

U/S did not go well, any advise?

Over the weekend I had some very light spotting and cramping. I talked to the doctor's office this morning and they took blood work to get hcg levels and decided to do an ultrasound (since most of the cramping was on the left and they were worried about an ectopic). The doctor did the u/s (vaginal) and did not see anything. He also said that I didn't have the pain he would expect me to have if the pregnancy was ectopic. He said that maybe it's earlier than we though and I guess that is possible because my chart was all over the place last month and I am not really sure when I ovulated. The plan is to continue to get hcg levels throughout the week and then maybe do another ultrasound later this week. I have not talked to anyone but my DH about all of this because if this does work out I don't want it to dampen the excitement but I am feeling so alone. I was supposed to get AF last Wednesday. Any ideas, suggestions, or similar experiences?

Re: U/S did not go well, any advise?

• Options
    Sorry, I can't offer any advice. I just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well its good for one thing that he didn't see an ectopic, they can be quite serious as I'm sure you know.  4 weeks is still really, really early to see anything.  If you aren't having bright red bleeding I would try not to worry too much.  Maybe the light spotting you had was implantation bleeding and you are, in fact, earlier than you thought.  Hang in there, I know it's hard.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any insight for you, but I hope everything goes well with your HcG levels! 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. I was thinking the same thing as a pp, you may not be as far along as you think and you could have been experiencing implantation bleeding. Try to remain calm until you know what's going on. GL!
  • Options
    I don't have any advice for you either. I, too, think you might be earlier then you first thought. Him not seeing an ectopic pregnancy is great news. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was in the ER for a suspected ectopic pregnancy on Saturday night.  I was having a lot of pain, but no bleeding, and they found fluid in my cervix.  They found the gestational sac in my uterus, but said it was too early to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.  They drew blood and had me come back today for more- HCG is rising appropriately, and I'm scheduled for another U/S on Wednesday.  All they can do is keep running blood panels and ultrasounds until they see something.  4 weeks is still to early to really see anything.
  • Options
    It is still super early. It is extremely rare for them to see anything at this point.  Yes, some women do, but most will not. Hang tight. It was probably implantation spotting or sensitive cervix. Think positive thoughts.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"