Blended Families
Options

OMG, BM (kinda long)

So DH decided to change when CS is paid from the 1st and the 15th of the month to every other week, which is when he receives his paycheck. The CO allows the person paying the CS to determine how often (weekly, monthly, etc) it is paid.

Now because twice a month= 24 payments/year and every other week= 26 payments/year, she will see a slight reduction in the check (like $40) but twice a year she will get three checks in a month. July will be one of those three check months.

So DH e-mails BM this information explaining everything I just told you. She calls him and completely flips out. She starts screaming at DH about how he's taking money from SS and that thanks to his brilliant idea that SS won't get to sign up for football in the fall (which is fine by me but another story, another time) because she won't have the money. And then she tells him that she is going to take him back to court because of all this!

DH tried to explain several times that while it will be a reduction in the ammount on the check, there will be more checks each year. She was not interested in hearing such logic.

Ugh, I mean, I'm horrible at math but come on, even I can get this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: OMG, BM (kinda long)

• Options

I had to LOL at this one. Our BM is about the same mind set as yours! Its exhausting trying to think like an idiot when you prepare to explain something to death for them and they STILL get defensive and/or just don't get it.

Good Luck - I hope someone else in her life sets her straight and you don't end up in court for something so redonkulous.

• Options
    Does BM not work? I think changing the dates of when she gets CS shouldn't have that huge of an affect on SS being able to play football. I mean really, she can't plan a little ahead for that. Some people just don't take change too well. Let her take you back to court, LOL, your DH hasn't done anything wrong and he's still paying the amount that he was CO'd to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously? She doesn't need a math degree to figure it out lol. Sounds like something our BM would do, too. Ugh.
  • Options
    SWmamaSWmama member

imageDREWLILY:
    Does BM not work? I think changing the dates of when she gets CS shouldn't have that huge of an affect on SS being able to play football. I mean really, she can't plan a little ahead for that. Some people just don't take change too well. Let her take you back to court, LOL, your DH hasn't done anything wrong and he's still paying the amount that he was CO'd to.

She's a teacher, which I know doesn't make her a millionaire but she made more money than I did when I was working. She also "brags" to us about how she doesn't have a car payment or CC debt and has said before that DH's CS pays her house note.

She just gets so bogged down in the here and now that she can't see the bigger picture. As DH pointed out she'll even get a little bit more every year (like a dollar) because what we pay doesn't divide evenly into 26. Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    omg she is an idiot
  • Options
    Hopefully she will realize that it's not a bad deal...not even a change in the deal in fact. If not, I hope she doesn't use this as a chance to adjust CS. Sometimes changes like this backfire and status quo is better. Just a thought.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Options
    Hahaha!  Well at least you can rest easy knowing that if she does take you back to court over the change in dates and lower check amounts, the judge would probably tell her that she is an idiot. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsBPOMrsBPO member

Why does this kill me every time?

imageSWmama:

She's a teacher

Hopefully not math and logic.  ;)

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"