North Carolina Babies
Options

sophabelle and veronicacorningstone

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Dr. Coleman is definitely retiring soon.  I had to take J back to the doctor yesterday and I told the doctor we saw that I was unhappy with Dr. Coleman and told her what happened on Friday.  As soon as I said I saw Dr. Coleman, she just had this look on her face and said "oh yeah, well if it helps he's retiring soon."  She said he's worse when it comes to overweight kids, he just walks in the room and says "Your kid is fat and you're the one killing them."  She thinks he's just at the point where he's almost done and just feels like he can say whatever is on his mind now.  She also said that he doesn't do any "on call" duty anymore, so you can rest assured if you have to go evening or weekend, you will NOT see him!  Just thought I'd share!  On the positive side Dr. Taylor looked at Jeremiah's chart and said that Dr. Coleman did order every test that she could think of to try and find the cause for the fever.  So, he might not have had the best bedside manner, but he did at least do what was needed for my child.

Re: sophabelle and veronicacorningstone

• Options
    oh man what a relief lol.    hope you get some answers soon!   hey have you been to the new location at brunswick forest yet?  i think we may try it next since its in leland and we wouldn't have to drive as far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes I have been to the Brunswick forest and its so nice and new.  LOL!  Its in the same office as the other Wilmington health, so its not just kids, but the same doctors rotate through there, so you will see the same doctors there.  Right now they're only doing morning appointments, but they told me they plan to go to all day there soon, with more doctors there.  Right now I believe there is only one Children's Clinic doctor there each morning.  But, as long as I call before 10, I've never had a problem getting an appointment in Brunswick forest that day, probably because not many people use that office yet.  But, its 5 minutes from my house, so I'll take that office over the others any day!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ooh i didn't know it was only open mornings!  good to know!!  its a good 45 min to the downtown office for us now, so i think it would probably only take about 30 or so to get to the new one... much better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know we mentioned Seaside Pediatrics on FB and it looks like I can get in.  I think they're only accepting newborns, though.   But it can never hurt to call!

I think we might go with them, I've heard so much great things about them, and you're not the only one who told me about the waiting list.   I do like the idea going to a pediatrician with a location in Brunswick Forest, but since it sounds like The Children's Clinic will accept children and not just newborns, it seems like if I'm not happy with Seaside I'll be able to switch later on.

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    imageveronicacorningstone:

I know we mentioned Seaside Pediatrics on FB and it looks like I can get in.  I think they're only accepting newborns, though.   But it can never hurt to call!

I think we might go with them, I've heard so much great things about them, and you're not the only one who told me about the waiting list.   I do like the idea going to a pediatrician with a location in Brunswick Forest, but since it sounds like The Children's Clinic will accept children and not just newborns, it seems like if I'm not happy with Seaside I'll be able to switch later on.

I'm so jealous you got into Seaside!  Try and convince them to take us ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"