Pennsylvania Babies

Lancaster - Suggestions for restaurants & toddler activities

Hello! We will be visiting Lancaster for a few days. Do any of you have recommendations for restaurants? Not touristy or franchised restaurants, but somewhere that locals would go to!

And any suggestions for activities that would be fun for a 1.5 yr old? We have Dutch Wonderland on the list. Anywhere else you would recommend?

Thanks!

Re: Lancaster - Suggestions for restaurants & toddler activities

• The Oregon Dairy is good. Also the Pantry Restaurant. The Pantry is only open for breakfast and lunch.

In addition to Dutch Wonderland the Strasburg Railroad is neat.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• If you are going to be in that area on a day other than Sunday- you must try Shady Maple Smorgasbord.

https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

They have a cafeteria if you do not want to do the actual smorgasbord...But you will not be disappointed..This place is amazing!!

• Loading the player...
  • I like the Brasserie on Lincoln Hwy ... it's laid back and the food is good.  They have a kids menu too.  You could visit the Hands on House ... we have season passes and my 4 year old and 2 year old enjoy it.  Oregon Dairy is great... terrific ice cream on the deck and a fun little play area for the kiddies.  I second the Strasburg vote.  The Choo Choo Barn right there is pretty cool to visit too.
  • Also if you can work in a stop at an Isaac's I would.  I love, love, love them.  They have a great kids menu and even have rainbow colored bread.  They are a chain but a fairly local one so it's still worth a stop. 
  • Issac's is not a chain..yes they have multiple locations but each one is still owned and operated by the same person.

• Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"