Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Lollipops for Toddlers?

DS is flying for the first time since he started walking and I am nervous! He isn't really a book/coloring kid just yet (17mos). One thing I thought would help is a snack that takes a l-o-n-g time to eat like a lollipop. This could also be very messy for mom & dad. Any recs for lollipops you think are good for toddlers? Any healthy options are appreciated too!

Re: Lollipops for Toddlers?

• Our doctors office gives them lollipops made w/ splenda. After about 10 minutes or less DD hands it to me & says no more pop. It doesn't really hold her attention very long. Maybe it's just my kid though.

I'd still try the coloring books & book approach. Mini etchersketchs are good as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I personally would avoid the lollipops and get snack stuff like puffs, granola bar, fruit strips, etc. You could always buy a new toy and give it to your DS when you get on the plane. I would get like new cars, trucks, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • I find no problem with a small lollipop in a situation like this. He will love it. DS has had dum dums, its really small and keeps him occupied for a LONG time. Just be ready with wipes! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS can PLOW through some snacks; he is an eater and if I let him he could absolutely eat an entire container of puffs in under 20 mins. I will have toys too but right now, he could care less about most toys - he likes to throw them or walk around the house with them in his hand but doesn't really play. He is not a tv watcher - maybe he'll glance up and watch a minute or two of a show but it is not going to engage him for longer than that - so I don't think a DVD player will work for us.
  • I think you're overthinking it :) any lollipop will do besides blowpops (gum seems like a bad idea). It's a treat, don't sweat it. Kate loved dum dums at that age and they are smaller. There are organic lollipopos at TJs and Whole Foods, but it's still a ball of sugar on a stick, you know?
  • DD has had dum dums and she loves them. Just be sure you show him how to hold the stick, and check every so often to make sure he doesn't bite off a big piece. DD will spend 20 minutes on a dum dum, so I think it's a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"