Alabama Babies

Your nighttime anxiety/insomnia cures

Thanks for the advice!  Hopefully it will get better soon (fingers crossed!)

Re: Your nighttime anxiety/insomnia cures

• I never had pg insomnia, but toward the end of my pg I did have high bp issues. So one thing I did to help with stress/anxiety was to take a warm bath daily. I added Epsom salt (to help with swelling & bring down bp) and essential oils (lavender). Very relaxing!
  • imagetippykins:
    ...salt (to help with swelling & bring down bp) and essential oils (lavender). Very relaxing!

Ooh I LOVE lavender.  That's a great idea.  I have some lavender body lotion by Kiss my Face that I should slather on before bedtime :)

• Loading the player...
  • Ha, I feel your pain.  I go to sleep fine but wake up between 4-5 and can't go back to sleep.  I have been taking 1 Tylenol PM and that has helped a lot.  The only bad thing is LO does not move much the next day after I take the medicine.  I am only taking the tylenol if I feel it is 100% necessary. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took tylenol PM to help with sleep. If I was nauseous than I took phenergan because it help me sleep. I even took it the night before my c-section because my nerves upset my stomach too much. I slept most of that night with only occassional bathroom trips.
  • ricejlricejl member
    I just get out of bed and read my what to expect book. After that I'm pretty tired and fall back asleep. Good luck, I know it's no fun.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • uagirluagirl member
    Benadryl and a cup of hot tea with lemon.  Good luck and I hope it gets better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

This discussion has been closed.