D.C. Area Babies

Car Seat Questions

Does anybody have special tips for keeping ds cool in his car seat? He gets so sweaty and hot, I crank the air and know it isn't too hot back there since I've sat back there a few time when other people have been up front recently. But he always comes out sweaty if the ride is any longer than 15 - 20 minutes (not everyday, but often enough!).  He's still in his infant seat right now, but we're looking to move to a convertible in a few weeks - at 18 pounds I am tired of carrying the carrier around!

And, I know this gets asked all the time, but I'd love to hear what convertible car seat you have and any pros/cons. :) Doing my research... 

Thanks ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Car Seat Questions

• I've seen products to cool down a hot car seat before you put the baby in it, but the baby can't sit on it, so I don't know if it would keep him cool during a ride.  https://www.bargains4babies.com/coldseat.html

As for car seats, we have the Britax Roundabout 50 and love it.  It has a weight limit of 50lbs. and 49in. but costs the same as the regular Roundabout (40lbs, 40in) - $200.  Alot of people have the Britax Marathon which has a limit of 65lbs. and 49in.  The price of the Marathon is around $280.

• We bought a fan and it points right at him.   We also tinted the windows.

We have aBritax Marathon.  Love it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we have the evenflo symphany and have been happy so far:-) we switched when ds reached 19lbs...got great consumer reports reviews and half the price of the britix.  no ideas for keeping cool besides window tint...

good luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"