Military Families
Options

anyone have trouble adjusting?

Hello, I am in the Air Force and just PCSed from Farichild AFB, WA to Luke AFB, AZ about 6 months ago and I am still have problems adjusting, anyone else deal with this and what did you do to cope?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers M/C #1 Jun 2006 8 weeks M/C #2 Apr 2010 7 weeks

Re: anyone have trouble adjusting?

• Options
    Well what is it exactly that you are having a hard time with? The hubby and I am both AD and i can tell you its always hard at first adjusting to a new base. My hardest time is adjusting to being in Italy not frying half of my electronics and the language barrier. I know one thing that def. helps is going out with the hubby even if its to an movie on base walk through the BX something to get you out of the house and maybe even meet some of the other people on base. Hopefully the people you work with will invite you out and that wil give you a chance to meet others. I hope you are able to get past this.
  • Options
    NSLNSL member

Ditto the PP that I'm not sure what adjustments you're struggling with.  Assuming that it's meeting new people, I'd recommend looking around the community (not just the base) for free and low-cost activities to get you acquainted with the area and the locals.  I see you have a little boy--have you done library story hour or looked for a playgroup? 

Moving is hard, but you really do have to put yourself out there if you want to feel comfortable and meet new friends.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!  

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble adjusting. I'm in Phoenix and grew up about 2 miles from Luke. If you need any advice about what to do and where to go to have fun, let me know! And I know that this is THE WORST time of the year to move to Phoenix but, in a couple of months, the temp will drop below 110 and I think you might actually enjoy the weather here. 3 months out of the year, it's awful; once the temp drops though there is so much you can do to enjoy the beauty of the desert!

• Options
    imagekaylasue89:

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!  

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble adjusting. I'm in Phoenix and grew up about 2 miles from Luke. If you need any advice about what to do and where to go to have fun, let me know! And I know that this is THE WORST time of the year to move to Phoenix but, in a couple of months, the temp will drop below 110 and I think you might actually enjoy the weather here. 3 months out of the year, it's awful; once the temp drops though there is so much you can do to enjoy the beauty of the desert!

oh yeah its so hot here lol!!! were definetely not used to this weather. we have been venturing out a little bit going to lake havasu for the 4th!! mainly my problem has been meeting people and establishing a good support system!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers M/C #1 Jun 2006 8 weeks M/C #2 Apr 2010 7 weeks
  • Options

Me and DH would like to belatedly welcome you to he!!. Meeting people here was very hard when we first got here, and admittedly the majority of the people I've met and consider my friends have been DH's coworkers. As for coping with the weather, drink plenty of water and stay out of the sun as much as possible. Like pp said in a few months it will be bearable again. You are more than welcome to pm me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"