Blended Families

SD didn't want to leave

BM just picked up Gabs, and she did NOT want to go. She held on to me like her life depended on it and kept crying "Kay!". Normally that only happens when my SO is here. I dunno how he does it. I wanted to cry with her!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
Baby Squirt- September 2009
Baby Turtle- May 2010
Baby Surprise- August 2011

Re: SD didn't want to leave

• That's very sweet yet must have been hard for you. My parents were divorced when I was less than a year so I did the back and forth on weekends thing for a long time. I remember crying when I left my mom for the weekend to visit my dad but never when I left my dads to go back to mom's for the week. From my experience, your SD must love being with you and SO. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFML8608:
    That's very sweet yet must have been hard for you.

your SD must love being with you and SO. :)

Ditto this.  But also remember that she is a baby still (my DD is 18mos and DS is 3.5) and any disruption will upset her.  I am sure that she misses you and Daddy when she is gone but I am also sure that she is perfectly happy with BM too, the transition is just hard.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • PP is right on. It's emotional turmoil for all and when a child has little understanding of why they are leaving a parent who loves them, well...why wouldn't they be upset. As they grow up and begin to understand the circumstances, it becomes easier to deal with...not better, just easier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She never cries when we pick her up, but when it's time to go home with mom... It breaks my heart!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"