D.C. Area Babies

Food issues

So my usually try-anything toddler has, in the past week, decided that he'd rather pick at his food and avoid most of it.  Breakfasts are usually okay, but lunch and dinner are a hassle.  He doesn't even want his favorite stuff and I'm reduced to being happy if he eats a couple of bites.  He doesn't even always want fruit!  Please tell me this is 1) normal and 2) just a stage!

On the plus side, in the past month we went from barely drinking 8oz of milk a day to wanting to drink twice that at each meal.  I usually won't let him have more than one cup at a time, because I'm worried about him filling up on milk, but on the other hand, I don't want to discourage him drinking that much if it's what his body is asking for.

Re: Food issues

• Does he have all his molars? If not, he could be cutting one - DD was like that everytime she cut another molar.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD's habits seem to change every day, if not several times a day. I just try to tell myself that if she doesn't eat much one time (or 2 days in a row), she'll eat more the next time. She's also recently started drinking more milk than usual.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsKLS:
    Does he have all his molars? If not, he could be cutting one - DD was like that everytime she cut another molar.

Oh, I hope this is it!  He does seem to be cutting at least one molar right now (I can't ever get a good look at the back of his teeth, or get my fingers in there anymore).  Last night we had dinner at a friend's and their three year old was being a fussy eater, so BabyCrown was being an especially good eater.  As in, his mom would say "You need to eat a bite of broccoli" and BabyCrown would look at him and put a piece of broccoli in his mouth.  Nothing like a little competition to get him to behave better.  Sigh.  I can hope that my kids will try to outdo eachother in manners, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"