Potty Training

Suddenly scared?

DD has been sitting on the potty as practice for ages now. DH and I decided that it is probably time to actually potty train her. Suddenly, she is scared of the toilet. She cries every time we ask her to sit on it. Today, I was holding her while she was sitting on it, and she bit me HARD on the shoulder. What gives? She's peed on the potty dozens of times before. She's always been proud of herself. Now she tells me she's afraid?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Suddenly scared?

• I would back off for off for a little while until she is interested and not afraid anymore. Start at square one, let her sit when she wants to, let her watch you and talk about it etc. All the prep work again.

Have you asked her what scares her? Are you using potty ring or small potty? Maybe tell her that she is a big girl and need to use the potty. Then if it is possible take her to the store and let her pick out a potty or ring that she thinks will help her not be afraid.

Sorry I have no experience just brainstorming. Please post again about what works so if we are in the same position at some point we have some good ideas :) 

Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"