Kentucky Babies

louisville mom-to-be: six weeks in

Hello, ladies!

It looks like this board doesn't get much action, but I thought I would post and see if there are any other newly-preggo ladies out there who would like to connect.

I just found out a week ago that I am pregnant. I took three tests after noticing I was about five days late. (My last period was approx. on March 10th.) All three tests were positive! I went off the pill last August, but wasn't really "trying that hard" so I was a little shocked that it happened. Happy, but stunned.

My first appointment with my OBGYN is May 5th. They wanted to schedule me for May 12th but I made up an excuse about being busy with work that week so I could go sooner. :)

So far, I haven't felt any morning sickness -- just a little bloated and nauseated... and a tiny bit crampy like I'm constantly about to start my period.

How are you feeling? Were you trying to get pregnant or was it a total surprise?

Re: louisville mom-to-be: six weeks in

• I am 8 weeks.  My first real appt is next week.  It was scheduled for this week, but moved back due to a dr conflict.  :(

I had just gone off the pill at the end of Feb. So we were trying, but not charting or using OPK's or anything.  We were definitely shocked that it happened so quickly!

I am very bloated and nauseated all day long.  And EXHAUSTED!!!

Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats, chornback 79!!

I have been bloated and nauseated on the regular, too. I just started getting sick in the mornings on Monday -- so I've had five days of that. I've also been tired, but I think that's from the lack of much caffeine. 

I'm sure you're so excited about your first real appt. It is amazing! My husband went with me even though I wasn't certain my Dr. would do an ultra sound. However, she did!! (If yours doesn't offer, I would suggest it, or ask nicely. We got to see the heartbeat, and that was awesome.)

Congrats! Can't wait to hear how your first appt. goes.

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats girls!! I found out I was preggo back in January! Half-Baked tomorrow!!

Hope you both start feeling better soon!

• I am new to this board. I just found out a couple weeks ago and I am in my 8th week now. This is my first pregnancy and I will have to say the "morning sickness" has set in these last few days! It was a bit of a shocker for me and my hubby too... it happened the second month we tried. Excited, but wiped out! My first appt is on Monday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"