Houston Babies

Help! Going to eat at Fogo de Chao

For MIL birthday.  DH has no problem taking the 4 month old twins while I would prefer to stay home and let him enjoy the time with his family.  I haven't been there in years but I assume it is not that baby friendly.  Thoughts?

TIA

Re: Help! Going to eat at Fogo de Chao

• i haven't been there, but if it's not kid friendly and it's expensive, i wouldn't take my kiddos.  while my kids do great in restaurants, if it's a nice night out type of place, other's may not appreciate little ones around.  we take our kiddos out to dinner with us all the time, but to seriously kid friendly places like a neighborhood pizza joint or carrabas.  maybe someone else could watch the kids or select a more kid friendly place for your MIL's bday.

• MIL and the organizer have requested for the babies to go so DH doesn't want to disappoint. I think it is inappropriate to take them because it is pricey and dont want to bother others, etc.   Ive tried to explain this to DH but he seems determined to take them with or without me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would suggest going during lunch time because it's a little more casual than dinner time.  I don't think anyone expects a nice romantic lunch or anything.  And although it's kind of expensive, it's still semi buffet style so it's not totally formal like Tony's or something. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • It's expensive but that is because of the concept- all you can eat meat is going to require a certain price point- but it's not 'fancy.' I would take kids for a family party.
  • We eat there at least 4 times a year.  We just went last weekend.  There were babies everywhere.  It's already a loud restaurant.  I only think I noticed the extreme number of babies because I am very pregnant and very aware of them (and I was wondering when we would be coming back post twin birth). 

I think you're fine to take them or fine to leave them.

FWIW for anyone who is reading this and has never been....if you don't eat meat you can just get the salad bar.  :)

And lunch is cheaper and the exact same food.

Happy eats!

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • I don't think it's fancy but it is expensive- does that even make sense? I would take DD so I don't think it would be an issue to take your twins.

And a word of advice...the salad bar is amazing but stay away. There is so much meat and food that you don't want to fill up on the salad bar and not enjoy all the yummy meats. I like Fogo but I feel like I can't eat for days because of all that meat.

• I would probably take them, but lunch would have been my preference at that age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerayskit10:
    It's expensive but that is because of the concept- all you can eat meat is going to require a certain price point- but it's not 'fancy.' I would take kids for a family party.

This, plus you'll have extra help with them since it's a family party.

• My family took my mother out for her birthday the other day there and I was not sure if i should go or not either with the twins and I ended up not going.  When my family got back home they said it was a good thing I decided not to go because of the waiters walking around with the meat on hot sticks or something. Also they said it was way to loud and they would have gotten fussy.  So I'm glad I didnt end up going. 

My twins Benjamin and Olivia

• Cindy - they are soooo good.  You should take them.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • We went there for dinner on Valentines Day this year, there were kids there. I agree, its pricy but it isn't fancy.
  • imagesandrarodz:

My family took my mother out for her birthday the other day there and I was not sure if i should go or not either with the twins and I ended up not going.  When my family got back home they said it was a good thing I decided not to go because of the waiters walking around with the meat on hot sticks or something. Also they said it was way to loud and they would have gotten fussy.  So I'm glad I didnt end up going. 

My kids are actually better behaved when it is loud. I also think that loud equals more family friendly as people are less likely to hear baby noises or toddler screams. Even when they were babies, loud was better because it was like white noise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"