TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

There was also this gem:

(before the D&C that was not to be) 

Stupid nurse: "When was your last menstrual cycle? We do a pregnancy test on everyone's urine and yours came up positive."

Dumbfounded Colinda: "Uhh, yeah, I'm technically pregnant, that's why I'm here."

SN: [[blank stare]]

DC: "I'm having a ::slowly:: D and C." 

SN: "Oh, so you're--so it's--"

DC: "It's dead and won't come out, that's why I'm here."

SN: "Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. ::takes out blood pressure cuff, carries on in super chipper tone:: So do you have babies at home?"

DC: "No I don't."

DC's thoughts to herself: "And I never will, mine all get flushed down the toilet. Please learn to READ A FVCKING CHART BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!!"

However, the nurse who came around to tell me about the doctor being unavailable and then discharge me was:

1. Male

2. Super hot

3. Incredibly nice and with it. While the other nurses could not understand how someone could be canceling their surgery and going the medical route, he explained it to them and didn't look at me like I'd lost my marbles. 

Re: There was also this gem:

• Options
    I'm sorry.  There are way too many incidences of this happening.  We really need to write a manual on how nurses and other medical staff need to deal with patients.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    I wouldn't have said that last part in my head. She needed a wake up call!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some nurses really make everything worse. It's amazing.
  • Options

OMFG
    FFS
    BS
    SNAC (someone needs a cunt_punch)

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    imageBBHME:

OMFG
    FFS
    BS
    SNAC (someone needs a cunt_punch)

This is made even better by the fact that the acronym is "snack" phonetically. 

• Options
    I'm SO sorry. I had a similar experience at my post d&c follow up appointment and wanted to bang my head against the wall. It really unnerved me that I had to explain menstrual cycles following pregnancy/d&c to the nurse.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Options
    Well, hello there, hot nurse! Too bad the one previous was a total d'bag. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.
  • Options

Stupid twatwaffle nurse.

On the other hand, yay for the hot nice one later!  I had a HOT anethesiologist for my D&C.  It made the whole thing a tiny bit better.  Sort of.  I guess you take what you can get in that situation.

(((HUGS)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate people sometimes.

Yay for the hot nurse!

• Options
    kew243kew243 member

imageKristysRedBarn:
    I'm sorry.  There are way too many incidences of this happening.  We really need to write a manual on how nurses and other medical staff need to deal with patients.

here! here!

Sorry you had to deal with that.

• Options
    Ugh, she should have looked at your chart. People are so stupid and insensitive sometimes.
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    O.M.G!! W.T.F .... seriously??? I'm in shock right now that your nurse did that. What a moron!! When I had my d&c all of the nurses tripped over themselves to be sensitive to my situation. I expect EVERY nurse everywhere to do the same. That's BS you had to deal with that. Man!! That just pisses me off. But I'm glad Dr. Super Hot set them straight and you got to look at him. But that still doesn't fix things. ((((HUGE HUGS)))
  • Options
    Two minutes out of their time to read the freaking chart and this could have been avoided...........Would have liked to see her face if you actually verbalized what you were thinking!    Glad it ended on a better note........as good a note as possible that is.
  • Options
    Similar thing happened to me....As they were wheeling me into the operating room, the anesthesiologist asks me, "Any chance you could be pregnant?"  Uhhhhhhh.....long pause.  "Well, I was..."  Then he looked at my chart, and he felt like an idiot.
  • Options
    So sorry you had an insensitive nurse, good thing the other nurse was hot and really nice. When I went back to my ob for my follow up after my loss the nurse asked in front of people in the waiting room what I was there for.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"