TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Diaper/Keg Party?

So what is this?  I got an invite from a friend (via FB) who is pregnant for their Diaper/Keg party.  In the wording, they are asking everyone to bring them a package of diapers for their baby (due in October) and they are providing the keg.  They gave a size range of diapers they want.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
~ ~ ~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie

Re: Diaper/Keg Party?

• Options

It's like a shower for the mom to be but usually its for the Men! The guys all get together and drink, smoke cigars and bring a pack of diapers for the dad to be!!!

I so want to do one of these for DH one day!!!

• Options
    Well, I'm old fashioned and I don't like the fact that they're throwing it for themselves AND asking people to bring gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebbhalphen:
    Well, I'm old fashioned and I don't like the fact that they're throwing it for themselves AND asking people to bring gifts.

That's how I feel.  I have no problem if they want to do a combination party, but the first sentence of an invitation shouldn't be bring me diapers in these sizes if you come to our party. 

~ ~ ~

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    That is kind of cute.  Invite probably should have come from a friend or something though. 
  • Options
    imagetoddandjulie:

imagebbhalphen:

That's how I feel.  I have no problem if they want to do a combination party, but the first sentence of an invitation shouldn't be bring me diapers in these sizes if you come to our party. 

Usually the guys BF should throw it, or brother, someone other than themselves.

Did the invite say anything that it was just for the guys???

• Options
    imagetravers081906:
    imagetoddandjulie:

imagebbhalphen:

Usually the guys BF should throw it, or brother, someone other than themselves.

Did the invite say anything that it was just for the guys???

No, they don't even know my DH, it came to me on FB.  And you can tell from the replies that it's for us chickies too. 

~ ~ ~

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    imagetoddandjulie:

imagebbhalphen:

This 100% - I hate when people throw themselves parties.

• Options
    imageLMichelleG:
    imagetoddandjulie:

imagebbhalphen:

This 100% - I hate when people throw themselves parties.

I just hate pregnant people period, parties or no. 

• Options

They're throwing their OWN? Uh, no.

Diaper and beer parties are very common down here. I've never been to one, neither has DH nor would we ever have our own.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    They're klassy
  • Options
    They want people to shell out money for the diapers, but they can't even spend money to print real invitations............
    Miscarriage 10/25/2009 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have heard of them, but I hate when people throw their own baby showers.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

imageOCIrishBruin:
    That is kind of cute.  Invite probably should have come from a friend or something though. 

I agree with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"