Special Needs
Options

Pediasure

has anyone gotten prescription coverage for pediasure (not for tube feeds)?  my son is 15 mo and still takes formula but he is starting not to like it.  he does not have a failure to thrive dx.  he does loves the pediasure though (i think he has a sweet tooth like me)...just wondering if i should considering trying to get insurance to cover it. 

Re: Pediasure

• Options

We have been using Carnation Instant Breakfast for the extra calories, Ben hated Pediasure.

• Options

We use Pediasure for my daughter who is tube fed, however our insurance pays for all of it.  Because your child has a failure to thrive dx, your insurance company should cover it too. 

I agree with the other post though about the Carnation Instant Breakfast.If our insurance didn't cover the Pediasure, my daughters nutritionist suggested a pack mixed with 8 oz. of whole milk and that would be equivelant to Pediasure.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mika06mika06 member
    I did for DD when she was younger but you will need a prescription from doctor to have it covered otherwise you can try WIC if you qualify. If you have the doctor fillout the forms and recommend pediasure they will give you that instead of milk.
  • Options

My insurance won't cover it, even with a Dx of FTT.  And I have really good insurance.  So I would call and find out.  If your insurance does cover it typically a dr will be on your side and write a Rx.

Now...Abbot does give away two coupons a month if you call them.   Any little bit helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"