North Carolina Babies

Need some prayers today, may I have your extras?

Apparently us Salisbury girls are in need of some prayers today!

My dad has had heart trouble off and on since his heart attack five years ago. Last week he went for his annual stress test and the Dr. was very concerned about the results, mostly his oxygen levels and blood levels (red, white, platelets, all of them). He went in last Thursday for a cath(?) so the Dr. could take a closer look at his two existing stents and the third artery that was only partially blocked at the time of his heart attack. He said his heart looked the best that is ever has so it's not a heart issue (yay, good news). The low blood levels are likely causing poor oxygen circulation that led to his poor results on the stress test.

So, he was sent to Baptist's hemotology (blood) department yesterday to meet with one of their docs. Scary part is the hemotology dept is apprently in the cancer part of the hospital which of course initally scares the crap out of both mom and dad. As soon as they got their a nurse brought over a packet of info about chemo and support groups. One cause of the low blood counts is various forms of leukemia. Another cause, but more rare, can be the combination of heart meds, cholesterol meds and anemia - all of which Dad has realted to his past heart issues. They ended up taking a bone marrow sample yesterday and basically told mom and dad that the final results wouldn't be in until next week and to sit tight but that he would call sooner if he had any more information. The doc called today and asked them to come back in right away.

They are on their way to the hospital now to meet with the doctor. I could speculate all day about the worst case scenario of all of this - and have most of the week. Best case is that it's just a bad combo of his meds and they can be changed plus maybe a blood transfusion just to jump start his blood counts. Worst case, obviously is cancer.

So, any extra prayers you have left over would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies, you're the best!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need some prayers today, may I have your extras?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"