New Jersey Babies

Recommendations for pediatrician & hospital where I should give birth? Trenton/Hamilton

Hi,

I am new to the Trenton area. Right now since I work in Philadelphia & work for Temple University, I have been seeing my OBGYN at Temple University Hospital. Unfortunately I do not wish to give birth there, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hospital, with friendly staff, as an alternative. I dont know much about Trenton, but I hear closer to Hamilton is better. I am also looking for a pediatrician for my kids. I have a 6 and a 3 year old and the one on the way. Like before, I lived in Philadelphia, but now I am in the Trenton/Hamilton area, and need to find a decent doctor to take them to. Thanks moms!

Re: Recommendations for pediatrician & hospital where I should give birth? Trenton/Hamilton

• I live in Lawrenceville not too far from Trenton and I take my son to Preinceton Nassau Pediatrics and I absolutely love them. As far as OB/GYN I see a practice in Burlington they are out of Cooper Hospital in Camden.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I researched hospitals very carefully and decided to travel quite a bit to birth at Capital Health in Trenton.  They were the best combination of being open to my birth plan while having the facilities to handle the biggest emergencies (they are a regional perinatal center).  The staff was awesome.  No one hassled me about anything.  They had a tub and showers to labor in.  They also have wireless monitoring in each room so you can walk around (and use the tub!) while being monitored.  I used midwives but I did meet with Dr Burbella in Lawrenceville and really liked him.  He was at the hospital during my birth in case my midwives needed back up.  The hospital is not in a great neighborhood and it's started to look run down (they are building a new one in Hopewell) but they've definitely invested money were it counts.
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Robert Wood Johnson in Hamilton (even though I live in Princeton about 25 minutes away).  They were wonderful.  You have your own labor and delivery room and then your own private room when you move over to the maternity ward.  The women and children's wing is pretty new and everything was great.  The staff was great and the doctors were wonderful.

I take my son to Princeton Nassau Pediatrics and really like them.  We see Dr. Raymond (he's wonderful).  I had to have a staff pediatrician look after my son in the hospital (PNP works with Princeton Hospital and two hospitals in New Brunswick) but that wasn't a problem.  

My OBGYN is in Hamilton.  I go to Hamilton OBGYN and see Dr. Gonzalez.  She's great.  Dr. Hoffman did my emergency C-Section and he was great as well.  

Good luck!  :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also did extensive research and chose to travel 45 minutes to Capital Health in Trenton.  It's an older hospital, and they are soon closing to move to a location in Pennington.  The rooms are a little on the older side, but the care if phenomenal.  They are more on the natural side of things, so as pp said, you can use labor tub (AWESOME), a labor ball, etc.

One huge perk for me (and it's really dumb, but it's a perk) is that you don't pay for parking.  My older son was born at a newer, nicer, closer to home hospital that charges and it adds up.

*~*~Christina~*~*
    Wed to M on 11.05.05
    A, born July 30, 2007
    E, born April 20, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"