Military Families

any JAX,FL SAHM moms in here?

OMG have you seen the cost of daycare off base?  im cringing!  i was able to get my DD into the base daycare but no spot for DS.  we are number 9 on the waiting list.  we applied for NACCRRA but it isnt going to help enough.  silly application only asked for our pay info.  it didnt ask what bills we have or even if we have another child. 

so my question is any stay at home moms out there?  in jax, fl?  that would want to babysit for a little while?  and maybe go through the 3rd dagree?  or anyone know of another route i could go to get cheaper day care? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: any JAX,FL SAHM moms in here?

• It's crazy expensive off base! What about an in home day care? They run around $150 a week...and that's for a 12 week old. I'm assuming it's a little cheaper as they get older?
  • Me!! I'm a Jax SAHM.

How long are you looking for a sitter for? What hours? I know someone who baby sits my sister's kids for a couple hours and she's SUPER cheap!!

You can email me at jhartman508@gmail.com,  I might forget to check back here..

• Loading the player...
  • jags09jags09 member
    You could maybe try sittercity to see if you find somebody you click with.  They offer free memberships to military.  You will find the average rate for somebody with experience is $10-$12 an hour.   My friend was able to negotiate a lower rate with her nanny she found on sittercity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"