Babies: 0 - 3 Months

why do only newborn diapers have the "pee stripe" that changes color?

This is the best thing ever and its only on NB diapers! :(  i put her in size 1's today and went to check if she was wet and stuck my finger in poop by accident!! ALL diapers should have the stripe that changes when wet or does a certain brand have the stripe in other sizes than NB?  1ht
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: why do only newborn diapers have the "pee stripe" that changes color?

• Maybe it's like training wheels for parents? :-)
  • We are using Pampers until our cloth diapers fit.   LO is wearing a size 1 and they have the stripe.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Pampers Sensitive in size 1 and they have the stripe too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have some size 1 pampers with it...i think just the sensitive have it
  • Am I the only one who thinks the stripe is completely stupid and totally unnecessary?  Seriously, you have a newborn, if they smell you should change them, if they've been in the diaper more than two hours, it's wet, I don't need a hypercolor diaper stripe to tell me when to change my kid...a wet diaper tells me that just fine.
  • hahah @ training wheels for parents !!!!

I will pick up those swaddlers!!!!!  i heart the stripe!

• Geeze relax, the pee stripe makes it easier for some people..
  • I'm not a moron-i know that i have to change my babys diaper every two hours or so but it os nice to  just unsnap the onsie and peek to see when they are wet.  relax.

• Pampers Sensitive have the stripe on all the diapers. And in my area they still aren't Dry Max.
  • imageMeanMommyLady:
    Am I the only one who thinks the stripe is completely stupid and totally unnecessary?  Seriously, you have a newborn, if they smell you should change them, if they've been in the diaper more than two hours, it's wet, I don't need a hypercolor diaper stripe to tell me when to change my kid...a wet diaper tells me that just fine.

Looks like it. I like the stripe! I don't let my kid sit around in a wet diaper but it is nice to be able to have a visual to confirm my suspicion. And makes it so easy for the grandparents to know when to change them when they watch LO! 

• When DD was a newbie you couldn't buy the ones with the stripe. Only the ones in the hospital has them. DH commented and said we should be able to buy them like that. When we had DS and opened the Pampers we bought we were both excited :). It's great to have them in the beginning when you really need to make sure LO is peeing enough.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have gotten random packs of NB diapers without the stripe. Maybe it was a mistake.
  • My LO's size 2's have the stripe.  They are also the sensitive kind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The pampers sensitive size 1 have them. I got a bunch of sensitive in NB, 1, and 2 since they don't have dry max in them. I just opened a box of size 1 today and saw it had the yellow strip.
  • imageskiwic8:
    We use Pampers Sensitive in size 1 and they have the stripe too...

The sensitive one's have the stripe!

• imageskiwic8:
    We use Pampers Sensitive in size 1 and they have the stripe too...

This. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• It is hit and miss with the stripe. My last box of size 1s had the stripe, my current box doesn't. And I was disappointed they don't have the stripe.
  • imageMeanMommyLady:
    Am I the only one who thinks the stripe is completely stupid and totally unnecessary?  Seriously, you have a newborn, if they smell you should change them, if they've been in the diaper more than two hours, it's wet, I don't need a hypercolor diaper stripe to tell me when to change my kid...a wet diaper tells me that just fine.

People like it because it's a quick way to see if they're wet. I'm sure all babies are different, but I can't smell DS's pee and I have a really sensitive nose so that's not always a way to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"