Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Birthing Center attached to a hospital?

So the other night I was watching a Baby Story where they were using a Birthing Center. I mentioned to DH that when our time comes I really like the idea of as much of a 'natural birth' as possible. He went into a tizzy about how he doesn't feel that it's safe enough and yadda yadda yadda. We came to an agreement that when the time comes we can look into a birthing center attached to a hospital. He refuses to consider any where I'd have to be moved from one building to another if a complication arose, even if it was just a block over.

I realize that I'm looking WAY too far into the future, but has anybody heard of or had any luck with a Birthing Center inside/attached to a hospital?

TIA! If I weren't at work, I'd post a pic of a yummy treat!

Re: Birthing Center attached to a hospital?

• I'm not sure what's available in F/W. I know there are midwives who have privileges to supervise births at some F/W hospital. Not the same thing, I know.

As far as I know, the closest thing in Dallas would be the Birth & Womens Center on Swiss Ave. It is a couple of blocks from Baylor, but unaffiliated. I delivered at BWC, and had a great experience! We did need to go over to Baylor for a few hours following her birth, so we were glad to have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"