D.C. Area Babies
Options

using pump with batteries?

This must be my millionth pumping question - you'd think I'd have gotten the hang of it after 10 months. Anyway.

They're closing our lactation room for a month for construction. Which means it's going to be bigger, with better access - yay! But, in the meantime, I have the option of either going to another building to use the health center, or going up one flight and using a storage closet. The health center is more private, and there's a bathroom, but the closet is just one flight away, so I'll probably be using that.

HOWEVER, there is no outlet in the closet. So I will have to use the battery pack on my pump, which I've never done. For some reason in my mind it seems like it won't be as powerful. Am I crazy? Have you used your battery pack?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: using pump with batteries?

• Options
    I have the Medela PISA and have used the battery pack several times.  It works just as well as the electrical outlet!  Hope they finish the renovations soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've used it on long car trips, would not use it 3x/day for a month though... but if can can get several sets of rechargeable batteries that u charge @ your desk, it might be doable...I don't think regulat ones would last long
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used it for 3 days and use it that way off and on in the car.  I have the ameda purely yours.  I think you should definitely get rechargeable batteries..it sucks through them but worked fine.  I got about 5 sessions out of 1 set of batteries...so do the math, you would go through ALOT.  Don't know which pump you have or if they work differently on battery but that is my experience.  I would do it if I used rechargeable but not for a month on regular batteries.
  • Options

imagedoggylovr:
    I used it for 3 days and use it that way off and on in the car.  I have the ameda purely yours.  I think you should definitely get rechargeable batteries..it sucks through them but worked fine.  I got about 5 sessions out of 1 set of batteries...so do the math, you would go through ALOT.  Don't know which pump you have or if they work differently on battery but that is my experience.  I would do it if I used rechargeable but not for a month on regular batteries.

Yeah, I was shocked at how quickly my pump goes through batteries. Just today, I went to pump at a conference and the batteries died half way through. I put them in a month ago and have used them *maybe* three times. (Thank God it was a short day for me!)

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

The power was the same for my pump-in-style battery pack.  However, I completely agree with pp that the batteries won't last very long.  I wanted to test it out before it crashed, so I used the pack at night for about three weeks.  It died after about 20 10-15 minute sessions.

• Options
    Good to know! I didn't even think about the battery life aspect (duh). Maybe I'll do some upstairs and some at the health center . . . thanks for the info.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Like everyone else said, it sucks the batteried dry! It seems to help a little to keep the batteries separate - not store them in the battery pack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

is an extension cord an option?

i used my battery pack a few times and felt the motor was just as strong as using outlet energy. but, PP make excellent points about longevity of use.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"