Houston Babies
Options

**bpaullo**

I just read your response.  I'm assuming by hiring help, you also mean hiring a housekeeper?  I was thinking that may be a necessity as I barely find the time to clean now!  Thanks for your advice.  I think it'll be a little easier since my parents are here, but I know there's no way it'll be easy.  How did Luca respond to having a little sister?

What kind of stroller did you get for the 2 of them?  

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
BFP with no treatment!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: **bpaullo**

• Options
    mom2llmom2ll member

Yes, house keeper is a must!  I have someone come weekly.  She is a God send.  I found someone that helps with the kids AND cleans.  I have her for 5 hours 1 day a week.  She is willing to do anything I ask during that time frame.  Sometimes she just lets me take a shower or run to the store.  She folds laundry, cleans, washes dishes, cooks...  whatever I need in that time frame. 

Make sure you have a good reliable extra large washer and dryer.  I do a ton of wash.

I have 2 double strollers.  I is a double umbrella that I bought of Craig's List.  It's compact and I can take it to the mall, grocery store, etc.  I also have a BOB Duallie.  It's great for zoo, park, walks, etc.  It also has the infant attachment.  Because mine are young, I needed something that they could both be strapped into.  I also found a moby wrap to be a "must have". 

Key #1 to managing 2 is to start working with #1 now.  He needs to be able to walk to the car and stand there by the time #2 comes.  Carrying 2 is very hard.  It's nearly impossible to hold 1 and lock the other in.  We worked on this skill several times a day once he started walking.  I just needed him to make it out the door and to his side of the car on his own without me holding his hand. 

We have sibling issues just like any other family.  Your kids will cry.  It will break your heart.  It's super hard to explain to a 14 month old that he needs to wait to have his need met.  However, I'm 1 person and I do the best I can.  It does get better.

You're welcome to come over and watch the chaos in action!

• Options

Thank you so much for all the info!  I just got a new washer and dryer, so I'm good there.  Woohoo!  Convincing DH we need a housekeeper will be a new battle though.  

Great, he isn't crawling yet.  Hopefully he'll walking ok by the time #2 is here.  I have never worn Dylan.  He and I both hated it, so I'm curious to see if that's different with #2.  I know wearing him/her would make it a lot easier when we're out.  

Man, that has to be SO hard basically telling Luca no because you're busy with Lila.  I know that'll KILL me.  But, we are THRILLED, and we'll figure it out.  I'll probably start lurking on the 2 under 2 board when I can and will probably hit you up for advice many times in the future if you don't mind.  =)

Ha!  Only if I can bring Dylan with me to make it even more chaotic!

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"