TTC after 35
Options

all my tests good -- now what???

this morning I had the last test I was supposed to take -- my HSG. the doc called it "perfect." all the other tests (3-day, 21-day, transvag ultrasound) were normal. DH's sample was -- in our nurse's words -- "stellar."

this, of course, is all great. but it gets us no closer to why we're not getting pg. I thought the tests would show us something (hopefully something easy to fix). but there's nothing to fix. (I do think I might not have enough cervical mucus, so maybe there's something to do there. I'm using preseed. I had a chem pg back in april.)

we're supposed to follow up with our RE.

I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed that we don't have any answers. I admit it's so stupid to feel that way, when I know that other women are dealing with some serious reproductive issues. I need to get over myself!

thanks for letting me vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: all my tests good -- now what???

• Options
    Im sorry you have no answers but all test were normal so thats great, i dont want to sound like some but its just a matter of time so for you both, i hope and pray soon!!!!  Its must be great though to be called 'perfect' *sigh*!!!  Good luck with all and again i hope and pray we see your BFP announcement soon!! Take care!
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean. Both my and DH results were good too - my dr. told me I could be in textbooks because everything looks perfect. In her words, I have "unexplained infertility" *sigh*. While I'm grateful, it's also frustrating becuase if we knew what was wrong, we could be more agressive in working with it.

Sorry I don't have any real words of wisdom - just know you're not alone!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemmz:

this, of course, is all great. but it gets us no closer to why we're not getting pg.

I'm glad your test came back normal. 

It sucks not having answers, believe me I know. There were days where I wished that my results come back such that we would have to chose between IVF and adoption because we know which we would choose.  The 'is it going to work again' each month is annoying and frustrating. I had the mentality that if it isn't just tell me so I didn't have to keep going through this. It's self defeating so try to focus on the fact that, even though you had a CP, your body did it's job, you got pregnant and even though it didn't work out it will one day!

I find myself getting into that mood but have to remind myself that I did it before I can do it again.  Trust me it was hard because there were 23 months between my 1st and 2nd pregnancies but its the best way to do it.

*hugs*

• Options

it's definitely frustrating, no doubt. when we were TTC all my tests came back normal and DH's SA came back fine as well. but when we started to see an RE he had DH do another SA and with their stricter testing he felt DH had low motility and low morphology. We wound up doing 3 IUIs, the 3rd resulting in a chemical pregnancy, and conceived DD #1 via our first IVF with ICSI.

With DD #2, we tried 2 months on our own, then did another IVF with ICSI which failed. The very next month we got pregnant naturally.

All in, I have no clue why it took us 2 years to conceive DD #1 (had two natural mcs during that time). I kinda feel like since we got prego with DD #2 on our own that DH's 'boys' couldn't have been that bad and that maybe the RE's strict testing requirements were just too strict.

definitely frustrating, when unexplained. just keep plugging along and pursue any and all fertility treatments they'll offer you, if that's what you want to do. good luck.

• Options
    Ditto on all the things the others say. Also, after a HSG it is supposed to be possible to get pregnant in the couple months after, as it "cleans/clears" your tubes. Maybe this will be your lucky time and it will work for you. Hang in there. We are all supporting eachother and we all have something going on. Good luck!!!
  • Options

I, too, have the dreaded Unexplained IF diagnosis...and it is beyond frustrating as others have mentioned.  I'll echo pp to say that you're not alone and feel free to vent away (we all need to now and again)...that's what we're here for.   GL!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    Yep me too - perfect test results.  It's a mixed blessing.  Its way better than you have something terrible that we can't fix.. but a reason would be nice.  Have you made your appt for a consult with the Dr? After all my tests he offered us the options of doing nothing, medicated IUI or IVF - so even though things aren't obviously wrong I imagine they'll offer you some treatment options.
  • Options
    I am very glad to hear that all went well with your tests.  It can be very frustrating to not have any more answers though - and it's OK to feel frustrated.  Just look at it as being one step closer to the end result.  It really helps your MD out by knowing what it isn't.  GL to you!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Options
    I'm glad your OB is being so proactive with all of the tests and sending you to an RE.  I hope the RE can figure it out.  Our histories are similar and all my OB did was the CD3 test, which came back with good results.  I totally understand your frustration.  You know you can get PG, you know you should get PG and yet you're not.  It's really hard to not be able to fix this problem. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

your responses have me in tears. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all of the positive energy and support. I fully expected to be flamed after my post. (I must say not all of the bump boards are as kind.)

it really helps to know that I'm not alone in my feelings. I called to make the follow up appt with my RE, and I have to wait a month! I should have known better than to wait until after the HSG to make the appointment. ugh.

well, by then I might know whether I got pg this cycle. I hope the HSG clearing-out-the-tubes thing is true. oh let it be true!

here's hoping for a tidal wave of BFPs on this board!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"