South Florida Babies

Need Your Help.....

Hello my bump friends.. Please help My daughter Valentina win a cover shoot with Parents Magazine..
All you have to do is click on the link below and vote everyday until Sunday.. Remember to validate your vote after you click "Vote For Me" Every vote counts.. Please spread the word... Re-post this on your Facebook, email, or to all your friends..Thanks!!! https://photos.parents.com/category/vote/
photo/361003

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Your Help.....

• I'm going to say it since no one else has.  You're not the only person who entered this contest.  This one and the Gap contest are big and I'm sure a lot of mommies here and on FB entered their kids.  We all believe our kids are the cutest and deserve to be in a magazine, not just you - believe me, everyone thinks that about their own child.  There's a reason why no one else has posted REPEATEDLY asking for votes.  The judges didn't choose her, everyone who enters their kids photo is automatically eligible for the parents choice spot, but the actual winner will be chosen by the magazine, not by votes.  It's ok to post it on FB ONCE asking for votes, but to do it over and over and over again over a span of several days and then to post links of friends walls - not ok. 
    image image

• I also wanted to add that more likely than not, the winner of this national contest will not actually come out on the cover of the magazine.

"The Grand Prize winner may also be featured on the cover of a future issue of Parents magazine. Appearance on the magazine cover is subject to Sponsor?s sole discretion.  Sponsor is not responsible for any circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill this element of the prize.  This element of the prize has no retail value, and if it becomes impractical or impossible to fulfill this element, Sponsor will have fulfilled its prize obligation by having provided the photo shoot prize package. "

I'm not quite sure that the prizes of a trip to NYC and a photo shoot are worth all this campaining, especially if in the end, the winner is chosen by judges and not votes. I think your best chances of winning a free shoot is to enter a local contest. Your baby girl is cute but I was honestly dizzy from seeing post after post on FB asking for votes. Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to agree with the girls! I thought it was a little wierd. LOL. We have all done it at least once, tho, on the Bump. I think the repeated FB profile posting is when I started going, "seriously?" LOL. If it were me, and it has been, I would keep it to family and friends via email. I think pushing anyone to vote daily for a child they have never met is a tad strange - no matter how cute she is.
  • I think it's easy to get carried away with these contests that count on who gets the biggest number of votes. Of course you want to do everything in your power to see that your baby wins. But I am a firm believer that these things have NOTHING to do with how cute your baby is...it's just whoever is best at getting the most people to vote. I've seen some of the front runners in these contests (this one, the Gap one, etc.) and let's just say that they aren't super cute babies, to put it kindly.

Anyway, Valentina is adorable and probably just as cute as the top babies in the contest, but don't be too upset if she doesn't win. It really has nothing to do with how cute she is. People only vote because they know the parent, not because they think that specific baby is cute. Who has time to scroll through all the entries and decide which baby really deserves the prize?!?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

I think it's easy to get carried away with these contests that count on who gets the biggest number of votes. Of course you want to do everything in your power to see that your baby wins. But I am a firm believer that these things have NOTHING to do with how cute your baby is...it's just whoever is best at getting the most people to vote. I've seen some of the front runners in these contests (this one, the Gap one, etc.) and let's just say that they aren't super cute babies, to put it kindly.

Anyway, Valentina is adorable and probably just as cute as the top babies in the contest, but don't be too upset if she doesn't win. It really has nothing to do with how cute she is. People only vote because they know the parent, not because they think that specific baby is cute. Who has time to scroll through all the entries and decide which baby really deserves the prize?!?!

. Thanks Jen.. :) If I posted it on any of the bumpies wall I am sorry.. I really didn't think it would be a big deal.. I am doing it for fun, being that I would NEVER get upset if she doesn't win.. I have 3 other friends that have their babies in the contest too and we all vote for each others LO.. All of the bumpies babies should be on the cover of a magazine, they are all adorable.. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"