San Diego Babies
Options

Sea World Questions

We're going to be in San Diego next week visiting my cousin.  We're going to Sea World mainly for the Sesame Street Bay of Play...DD is obsessed with Elmo.  I'm debating about doing the All-Day Dining deal or wondering if it would be cheaper just to pay for each meal.  At most we'll be having lunch and dinner there.  Can anyone give me a general estimate of what the cost is for a kid's meal and then a adult sandwich entree?  Also, if you've been to the Bay of Play, I'd love to hear reviews!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sea World Questions

• Options

The bay of play is great but you won't be there the whole day. I suggest looking at the schedule for the day your going and planning out shows to see in between the Bay of Play (and seeing the animals).My LO loves the animal show and I'm contemplating taking him to the new Blue Horizons show. He also loves Shamu. There's a lower area where you can go and see Shamu inbetween shows. He's literally right up close to the glass for the kids to see.

My 16 month old LOVES the rides in Bay of Play (especially the Elmo fish ride... similar to Dumbo at Disneyland) and asks to go on again and again but won't run around in the water when it's on. But if your LO loves water I suggest bringing her bathing suit or a change of clothes so she can get wet. There's also a toddler play area by the huge climbing structure that we've never had a chance to go in (it was closed when we tried to go) and a few other things for toddlers to do.

I haven't done the dining package since we live here and only go for 3-4 hours at a time but I think it's a pretty good deal since it includes an entree, side or dessert and a drink. I'd think that just an entree and drink would cost $10-15 per person each time you sit down to eat so if you're eating two meals and getting drinks throughout the day (I assume you can go in line and get a drink w/o food) than it's worth it. 

Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog
  • Options
    Bay of play is lots of fun for kids, And I agree with above poster, each meal is about $10-15 or more if you get some of their fancier stuff such as ribs, fish etc. We also love the animal show and the dolphin show. and if you have time the otter/seal show super cute. Have fun
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"