Health & Exercise

XP: Any Vegetarians?

My husband and I have been considering moving to a vegetarian lifestyle.  We thought it would be a good idea to establish it before the baby arrives.  I was wondering if anyone has any websites they visit or books they could recommend that have good information and/or recipes.  I googled a few things, but I figured if someone out there had a website or book that they liked more than another, that information would be very helpful!  Thanks ladies! :)

Re: XP: Any Vegetarians?

• I've been a vegetarian for years and love the books "Skinny Biitch", "Skinny Biitch in the Kitch" and "Skinny Biitch, Bun in the Oven". GoVeg.com also has a lot of great resources and recipes. Good luck with the transition, I think you'll find that it is not that difficult of a lifestyle to maintain and you will feel so healthy and good about yourself! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't eaten meat or poultry for over 15 years (I'm not vegan and I do eat dairy and seafood). I've never had an issue (knock on wood) with not getting enough iron or protein in my diet, but I also make sure to take a good multivitamin (PNV now) and a calcium supplement daily. A few of my staple foods include yogurt smoothies, tofu/veg stir fry, black bean wraps, Luna bars. A few of my favorite cookbooks include Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet, The New Glucose Revolution Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook and I also love EatingWell.com for recipes - they have a great selection of healthy, vegetarian meals.

GL with your decision!

• Loading the player...
  • I have been a vegetarian for just over 18 years.  I do not eat any actual meat, even seafood.  I developed a shellfish allergy about 6 years into it.  I have always tested well.  I eat a lot of the Morningstar Farms foods and tons of veggies.  I could live off broccoli and spinach, so I know that helps.  But I am very good about having my blood checked every 6 months to ensure I dont let my health go downhill...  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"