Nebraska Babies

Just popped in and thought I'd introduce myself

I'm Meghan (26). DH (27) and I live in Papillion, and have only been in the Omaha area for the last eighteen months. Before coming here, we moved all over Iowa and Missouri with DH's job. I'm a student/homemaker and DH is the store manager at the Verizon store at Oak View. 

Our first little one is due October 28, after struggling five years with infertility (PCOS + male factor). We couldn't be happier! We have our 20 week ultrasound on Monday-- not finding out the sex--- but am still super excited to see this cutie in action. 

I see Peggy Jones out of Alegent and will be delivering at Bergan-Mercy. I really love my doctor, she's so sweet; and I LOVE the maternity ward at Bergan. A friend of ours just delivered their son there a couple months ago, and we were very impressed.

I'm a little nervous about the delivery part because I really want a natural delivery with little-to-no intervention. I trust my doctor, but I am worried about the nurses being pushy or restrictive. I have these horror stories in the back of my mind about being manipulated into induction or c-sections, etc. I know everything will work out just fine, but yeah, kind of nervous. 

Anyway, I look forward to future conversations with you all! 

Re: Just popped in and thought I'd introduce myself

• Welcome and congrats!
  • Thank you, fieldmice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Meghan!

Welcome to the Omaha board. Im Katie. This is my first one as well. Shes a surprise since my dr told me I couldnt get pregnant without fertility drugs( I have very bad PCOS) so Im so excited that even drs can be wrong :) Im going to Bergan as well. Not so much all for the all natural way. (I hate pain, which is surprising cause Im in the military and Ive been hurt plenty) I think Ive watched too many movies and Tv shows with women screaming in pain. Anyway just wanted to say hi and Congrats. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Katie! BIG congrats on your surprise, Madeline! How wonderful! I'm sure that news was quite a shock :-)
  • Congratulations! We just had our first and I went all natural. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions or want to see our birth plan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"