Houston Babies
Options

Pediatrician recommendation

I know that this has been asked before by other moms but I misplaced the link. I live in Midtown if you need to know the area of town I am in. Can you also tell me if you are able to make day of or the day before appointments without a problem? Also, when you do have an appointment do they see you near your actual appointment time?
DSC02496
5/17/09 Silverlake Sprint Triathlon 1:28:32
10/3/09 Susan G. Komen 5K 28:58
1/17/10 Chevron Half Marathon 2:09:08
2/27/10 ConocoPhilips Rodeo Run 10K 1:10:49

Re: Pediatrician recommendation

• Options

i love dr. benjamin ho at the greenbriar texas childrens office.  we've seen a couple of other docs there too when we had to get in quick and he wasn't available.

we've always been able to get in the day we called with a sick kiddo and typically get seen close to the appt. time, especially if we do an early morning appt.  they also have saturday appts.

• Options

I love my pedi and several other Nesties take their kids to the practice as well. I am always able to get same day sick baby appointments if i call in the morning, next day if i call too late, and if i flake on the well baby ones i can usually get in with in a week. and i always see my own doctor! the office phone is automatically answered by a nurse, which i love.

I used to go to the greenbriar practice and, yes, they could always get me in but in the 5ish months i went there, i saw another doctor more often than i saw my own. you have to make your well baby appts months in advance b/c the practice is so busy. i am just not organized enough to do that. this isn't why i left. i had issues with my pedi but i know there are some great doctors there. still, i am very happy where i am.

i see dr shuman but i know several families who have been going to dr thaller for years and they all love and very much respect him

https://www.texaschildrenspediatrics.org/locations/thaller-shuman.aspx 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerayskit10:

I love my pedi and several other Nesties take their kids to the practice as well. I am always able to get same day sick baby appointments if i call in the morning, next day if i call too late, and if i flake on the well baby ones i can usually get in with in a week. and i always see my own doctor! the office phone is automatically answered by a nurse, which i love.

i see dr shuman but i know several families who have been going to dr thaller for years and they all love and very much respect him

https://www.texaschildrenspediatrics.org/locations/thaller-shuman.aspx 

ditto.  and they don't seriously overbook. I've never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room.  I called in at 11 for our last sick visit and they saw my kiddo at 4pm that day.  And I love Dr. Shuman! I usually make my well baby appointments at the current visit, simply because I have a specific time slot I need and if I wait, I'm not likely to get it.  

My last pedi's office, the waiting room would be FULL and we would wait for an hour or more before getting called back.  it was RIDICULOUS! 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options

imagedarva:

My last pedi's office, the waiting room would be FULL and we would wait for an hour or more before getting called back.  it was RIDICULOUS!  

this was my experience at the greenbriar practice as well. i waited 90 minutes once. 

• Options
    Another happy Shuman-Thaller patient.
  • Options

love Dr Allison at Greenbriar.  I've seen Dr Ho as well he's fantastic.  They've improved their wait times and I'm always seen very promptly once I get back to the doc's office.  The only time I haven't seen my doctor is when I'm calling for a sick visit.  We always make an appointment as we're checking out and it's never been a problem.

The thing I appreciate most about the doctors I've seen there is that they sick strictly with medical advice.  They don't dish out any parenting advice unless you ask for it.  As a family that co-slept, that was very important to us.  They're also okay with delayed vax (not Dr A's favorite thing, but he'll go along with it) and not starting solids until 6 months.

• Options
    Also wanted to add that a benefit of Greenbriar is they have a ton of facilites on site, for x rays and lab work.  We've been there twice and needed lab work done and it's been very nice not to have to go off site or wait for results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"