3rd Trimester

What are you drinking?

don't get me wrong.  I love water but I HATE drinking my calories.  I know you aren't supposed to drink diet soda or anything diet for that matter so what are drinking?  Sometimes I need something rather than water.

Re: What are you drinking?

• When I want something other than plain water, I vary between Pelligrino with a lime, flavored seltzer (like Polar or Poland Springs) and lemonade. Once in a while I have a hankering for root beer.
  • Loading the player...
  • You could have iced tea with splenda in it, splenda is made from sugar and is considered safe during pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drink diet stuff still.  My doctor said its fine unless you're guzzling multiple cans of it a day.  Everything in moderation.  Good luck!

• I am drinking cranberry juice light.  It is sweetened with Spenda and I personally feel okay using product with Spenda as it is sugar that has been chemically altered so you body does not abosorb the calories.  As far as juice goes it is pretty low in calories.  I sometimes add a little fizzy water flavored or not just so it has fizz.  I know you can get fruity fizzy waters that are low calorie but they might have sweetners I don't usually use the flavoured ones so not sure.
  • imageluckygirl15:

I drink diet stuff still.  My doctor said its fine unless you're guzzling multiple cans of it a day.  Everything in moderation.  Good luck!

This. I drink diet coke and crystal lite sometimes. I don't know what I'd do without my fountain diet cokes.

• I am drinking my pepsi! Like pp said everything in moderation.
  • imageB-lineBride:
    When I want something other than plain water, I vary between Pelligrino with a lime, flavored seltzer (like Polar or Poland Springs) and lemonade. Once in a while I have a hankering for root beer.

This.

I avoid splenda because it is still a highly-processed chemical even if it is based off sugar molecules. It hasn't been studied very extensively yet. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I drink fizzy water in the evening.  It is store brand Perrier.  I love it.  Other than that I have water a Gatorade G2 in the afternoon.  The water at our office is from a cooler and is ICE COLD, so I am great drinking that for much of the day.
  • How about crystal light? I know its still water but at least its flavored.
  • I treat myself to apple cider once a day, and do a few cups of decaf coffee every morning. I also hate drinking calories, and this at least provides some variety.
  • I drink only water or sparkling water.  Or coffee in the morning!
  • A&W root beer.  I never drank sodas before pregnancy, but now I have a root beer a couple times a week to break up the monotony of water.

Topher's 1 Year Old Chocolate Coma

• I've been drinking whatever I want this whole pregnancy, but with limited caffeine intake (no more than 16 oz a day) and lately haven't really had much caffeine at all, just less access since I quit my job makin' coffee drinks :-)

Currently - sprite, a generic capri sun type thing, and lotsa lotsa water have been on my regular beverage menu!

• I try to keep crystal light and decaf tea made with splenda in the fridge just so I can change it up a bit. I also keep diet sprite in teh fridge. I figure its the least worst of all soft drinks.
  • Iced tea and lemonade are my go-to's, and sometimes I'll have juice and dilute it with water. I like the taste better that way:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I drink lemonade, milk and a can of coke every few days
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Basically water, 1% milk, and Perrier/club soda with lime. I gave up caffeine and artificial sweeteners of all kinds, so this is what I'm left with!
  • imagecheex090:
    imageluckygirl15:

I drink diet stuff still.  My doctor said its fine unless you're guzzling multiple cans of it a day.  Everything in moderation.  Good luck!

This. I drink diet coke and crystal lite sometimes. I don't know what I'd do without my fountain diet cokes.

This. and Gatorade!! 

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • delg23delg23 member
    water and I occasionally treat myself to a regular coke
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't drink anything with splenda or aspartame.  But I didn't drink this stuff pre-pregnancy, I just don't like the taste of it.

I usually stick to 1/2 cup coffee in the AM, milk, and the occassional glass of decaf sweet tea.  We also keep 100% juices in the fridge, tomato juice, orange juice, etc. 

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love iced water and drink that most the time. LO has proved to be a big fan of Simple Lemonade, so I've been drinking a glass or two of that at night
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ice water with lemon in it, normally. Sometimes a normal pepsi with mass amounts of ice, or iced tea. That's about it LOL

• water. the occasional soda or iced tea.
  • Coutry Time Lemondae.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Iced tea (Celestial Seasonings just came out with flavored iced tea sweetened with stevia and you can cold-brew them in a few minutes), Diet Coke, root beer occasionally, water, sparkling water, milk and Sonic Diet Strawberry Limeade...mmmm....
    DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • Lots of Lemonade, Water, Apple Juice and the occasional soda.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagewifeandmama:
    I drink only water or sparkling water.  Or coffee in the morning!

Same here, except sometimes black iced tea too.  I love water though and besides not wanting to consume the chemicals in diet drinks, I just can't stand the way they taste.  The only sweet drinks I like are juices, but had to give that up for the pregnancy after testing positive for GD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"