Military Families

Secret fears - no judging

1) Getting hurt while home alone with Monkey.  I fell down our German stairs in the first week we were here.  Monkey was fine because I took all of the fall.  I chipped my shin bone (still do not have feeling in that area of my shin) and broke the side of my foot (still have pain when I put any pressue on it).

2) That SS will end up staying with us through highschool.  I really do not want to PCS with him again. 

3) One of my parents or my Nonnie (grandmother) getting seriously ill while we are overseas.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Secret fears - no judging

• imageIlumine:

3) One of my parents or my Nonnie (grandmother) getting seriously ill while we are overseas.

No judgment here. This is the hardest part about being in Germany for me, my dad is very ill, and we're not sure how much time is left. I worry sick over it, but we're lucky enough I can fly home every six months to spend some time with him.

• imagekristin2t:
    imageIlumine:

No judgment here. This is the hardest part about being in Germany for me, my dad is very ill, and we're not sure how much time is left. I worry sick over it, but we're lucky enough I can fly home every six months to spend some time with him.

We have only been here since Sept, but I have been home once and will be going back in Agust.  Gotta love Space A

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIlumine:

1) Getting hurt while home alone with Monkey.  I fell down our German stairs in the first week we were here.  Monkey was fine because I took all of the fall.  I chipped my shin bone (still do not have feeling in that area of my shin) and broke the side of my foot (still have pain when I put any pressue on it).

This is my fear.  When DH was gone, I was always afraid that something would happen to me and DS would be all alone.  I wasn't afraid for myself, but for DS.  DS is a complete and total momma's boy.  My biggest fear is what if something does happen to me.  DS would be beside himself.  He has a love/hate relationship with DH, but he adores me. It would be harder on him than anyone else, and DH just wouldn't cut it when it comes to comforting him.  DH is a great dad, but has been gone so much that DS completely relies on me and no one else.  When he needs comforting, he will not accept it from anyone except me.  That terrifies me.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageIlumine:

I hadn't even thought of that!!  Ok, add that to my list too.

I'm also worried that I can't handle this labor alone and having a newborn alone.  

And, I worry about PPD and not knowing that I have it and having no one here with me to recognize the symptoms.  

• imagesophiab1:
    imageIlumine:

I hadn't even thought of that!!  Ok, add that to my list too.

I'm also worried that I can't handle this labor alone and having a newborn alone.  

And, I worry about PPD and not knowing that I have it and having no one here with me to recognize the symptoms.  

I know I've posted this here before... https://www.operationspecialdelivery.com/ they really can help. Hopefully they will have someone for you to work with.

My secret fears?

My kids getting hit by a car.

Someone breaking into my home and me not "taking care of it" before they get to the kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"