Military Families

had my baby girl :o) PIP and possibly TMI

Here's a little of my birth story. It was pretty tough. But, very worth it in the end.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was immediately put in the hospital to be induced because of high blood pressure. Which was fine with me. I was 40 weeks and 1 day. They put in the cervidil  pretty much right after I got admitted. I started contracting and the contractions were actually pretty close together and strong. My water broke about 9:00 last night and that's when I decided to go ahead and get the epidural so I could sleep through the night. Problem with that...it only worked on the right side of my body. So my left side felt everything. I was begging for pain meds every hour on the hour. All of this went on until noon today when I really felt like she was on her way. I tried to push, but I was so exhausted that I just couldn't. I was screaming and hollering, begging for them to do a c-section. They told me to rest for like 30 minutes which was very hard, but I started feeling this ball like thing moving down and knew that was her head. So they got the doctor in and I pushed like there was no tomorrow. Then things turned bad. Her shoulder was stuck because my pelvic bones are weird. The room filled with like 20 different people. Some for me and some for baby. The doctor had his hands up me trying to get her unstuck and 3 nurses were pushing down on my belly. That was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. But, when she finally came out it was instant relief. Such a wonderful feeling. But, she was crying or anything. I was scared out of my mind. Finally we heard this tiny little sob. It was so quiet, but that was when I knew she was okay. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear. Originally thought it was 4th degree, but thankfully not. I have no clue how many stitches are down there, but I am so sore it's not even funny. 

She's in the special nursery for the night, but I get to go try to breast feed her like every three hours. So that makes me happy. DH hasn't left her side. He was so scared. They pushed him up against a wall during the delivery and I could see the fear in his eyes. It was horrible. But it's over now and I have my precious little girl. 

Sorry if that was kind of hard to follow. I'm on lots of meds right now. LoL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: had my baby girl :o) PIP and possibly TMI

• Thats sounds a lot like my labor! But so glad everything turned out fine for you! Congrats!!
  • imagec.behrscout:
    Thats sounds a lot like my labor! But so glad everything turned out fine for you! Congrats!!

It was awful feeling so helpless. I just wanted to get her out. Thanks :o)

• Loading the player...
  • she is so beautiful! Congrats!!
  • Wow--that sounds like quite an experience.  Goodness!  I can't imagine if my epi had taken on only one side.  You are one tough mama!

I'm glad that your LO is doing well.  My DS did not cry at delivery--and it was frightening.  (He had meconium in his throat, so they kept him quiet so that he did not further aspirate the gunk.)

She is precious! 

• She's beautiful!

CONGRATS!

• jags09jags09 member
    She is sooooo precious!!  Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!  that must have been so scary!  Glad everything, and everyone is ok!
  • Congrats, she is beautiful!!

I had a horrific labor too but you are right once they are here, it is instantly gone.

• Thanks everyone! I couldn't imagine having to do it again. The next baby (if we have one) will be c-section. My pelvic bones just won't allow a vaginal birth. And I would never put another baby through what Grace went through today. She's a little trooper. And she actually ate for 25 minutes straight tonight. I was so happy with that. She doesn't like being messed with though. She likes not being touched and if we touch her or pick her up she cries. LoL. Silly girl. But I am so in love. And can't wait til we both get to go home.
  • She is beautiful!  Congrats!!

Your delivery sounds pretty scary!  Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!

• imagesophiab1:

She is beautiful!  Congrats!!

Your delivery sounds pretty scary!  Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!

Thanks! I was terrified. DH kept saying that I could do it, but I didn't want to. I just wanted it over. And then she got stuck. And that was awful. Blah. I would never wish that kind of delivery on my worst enemy. Haha. 

• Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon! She is absolutely beautiful!
  • Congratulations!  She's beautiful
  • Thanks everyone :o) We are so in love with her. She is just a wonderful baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"