Maryland Babies

Preschool ?

I need help/advice on the whole preschool thing. Right now both DS's are in an in-home DC. Does anyone here have their LO in an in-home daycare and send them to preschool? I am trying to figure out how this might work come fall, and I really don't see us being able to do it based on DH and my schedules. I know there are some DC providers who will drop off and pick up from preschool, but my DC does not have a car that she can load all the kids into. Do people just end up in centers when their LO's are ready for preschool? If they have more than one, do they send one to a center and the other stays in the in-home, or just pull both and send both to a center?

I feel so behind in this since it's the middle of June :(

Also, I would love some suggestions on preschools in the Abingdon/Bel Air area.

Thanks!

I posted this over on the Nest as well.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Preschool ?

• I had a friend trying to work this out last year. Public schools do bus the kids, the problem is attendance is based on economic need and I believe those decisions have already been made.

The only other thing we could think of was to send the to a day care/preschool, but many were pretty expensive. She considered sending just her older son, but it was too much driving. In the end, she decided to not do prek since it isn't mandatory.

Schools that I know of in that area that offer both are Goddard, Celebree, and Trinity Lutheran

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Another thing to consider is that your guys may be getting "preschool" at the DC. Does your DCP do circle time? Teach the alphabet? Do they use crayons, read books, and sing songs?Are there other children to socialize with?

If you are happy with your current provider, don't feel like you definitely need to move them to an official "preschool"--they might be getting everything they need right where they are. You could also talk with your DCP and see if she would be willing to add some preschool-type activities so that you don't have to move them. I bet that if you have a good relationship, she'd be happy to do things with them so that she doesn't lose you.

DS1 10/09 Twins! 2/12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecurlywhirly:

Another thing to consider is that your guys may be getting "preschool" at the DC. Does your DCP do circle time? Teach the alphabet? Do they use crayons, read books, and sing songs?Are there other children to socialize with?

If you are happy with your current provider, don't feel like you definitely need to move them to an official "preschool"--they might be getting everything they need right where they are. You could also talk with your DCP and see if she would be willing to add some preschool-type activities so that you don't have to move them. I bet that if you have a good relationship, she'd be happy to do things with them so that she doesn't lose you.

I know they used to, but I think that has fallen to the side a little since she had a second baby. Right now it is just her 2 and my 2 for the summer. Her DS is 2, so the boys all play together great, but I would love them to socialize a little more. The used to come home with art projects and they have not come home with one in a while. I do need to talk to her to check what the day to day is lately. I am happy there, and she is great with them and they enjoy going there, so I am not trying to switch because I am unhappy, I just think DS1 could use a little more stimulation.

I posted this on the Nest as well and there was a suggestion for a place to look into. I am going to look, since it can't hurt, and I know he does not need something right now, but I would like him in something the year before kindergarten so that he is prepared.

Thanks! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"