1st Trimester
Options

Not Coming Back Here

I had thought that this board was to share our lives during pregnancy with like people. 

Unfortunately, there are some folks on here that are so unhappy with themselves and their lives that they make coming to this website completely depressing. 

To all of you that have tried to post something funny, or something that may not have to do with pregnancy, only to have another person dive in and act like a troll, I am really sorry you have had to put up with it. 

I'm taking my toys and going home.

Re: Not Coming Back Here

• Options

I think I may have missed something........

I'm sorry to see you go though!!!  You're probably able to go to 2nd tri anyway, I won't be far behind!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

;( such is life on the bump. I just ignore things when they go down like that. For the most part it's very puppies and rainbows!

It was really bad back when I was in first tri 2 years ago....this place is super calm now!

good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow a GBCB so early in the week!  I must have missed the thread this is referring to.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Crying Good grief... 

I have no idea what this about but I would like to say how much I hate posts like these. I try not to jump on the snark bandwagon but posts like these serve ZERO purpose. You should have just left without saying anything. Doing this is just another way of AW.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

What you see as depressing, others find fun and entertaining.  Such is life, and the Internet.

Don't assume people are like you (super sensitive) just because they're also pregnant.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    well hopefully you find a support system that works better for you and that you have a great pregnancy but I do understand where you might be coming from, nothing has happened to me personally but I have read some post that are just plain out mean! Hormones? Anway good luck.
  • Options

Oh women will be women....

but look at it this way....there are far more happy on here than there are unhappy....so don't let a few people ruin it for you! Wink

• Options
    imageBBHME:

What you see as depressing, others find fun and entertaining.  Such is life, and the Internet.

Don't assume people are like you (super sensitive) just because they're also pregnant.

That's fun and entertaining to you when people are tore apart for posting a question or something that was not offensive to anyone, and just genuinely wanted to hear some answers from other people in the same position or who have walked this path before?

I don't think its being "super sensitive" either, its called being a nice, kind hearted person who doesn't want to see others needlessly trashed on a message board meant for support and encouragement.

• Options
    Well, sorry you were wrong about what these boards are for.  And people are here because they want to be.  No one has to 'put up' with anything.  Byebye now!
  • Options

No idea what post(s) you're referring to. But honestly, I think people do better on these boards when they realize their actual purpose: entertainment, and seeking/sharing general information about pregnancy and parenting experiences.

So if what you're looking for is unconditional acceptance and support, then you need to be getting that from your real-life friends, where you can be more selective. Because it's just not going to happen on a forum filled with strangers. You might find SOME like-minded people, and that's great... but not everyone is going to share your opinions and personality. Some people are going to be snarkier or more sarcastic than you prefer. That's the way it is in the world, online included.

So you can take it or leave it... but if you decide to leave it by making a big dramatic announcement filled with complaints about unhappy people and trolls, you just end up looking petty. Either way, good luck with your pregnancy... and I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for.

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

That's fun and entertaining to you when people are tore apart for posting a question or something that was not offensive to anyone, and just genuinely wanted to hear some answers from other people in the same position or who have walked this path before?

I don't think its being "super sensitive" either, its called being a nice, kind hearted person who doesn't want to see others needlessly trashed on a message board meant for support and encouragement.

Again, and why do I feel like I say this every day?  This board is not for support and encouragement.  It's for entertainment.  Big difference. 

• Options
    Could you please leave the toys?
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:

Again, and why do I feel like I say this every day?  This board is not for support and encouragement.  It's for entertainment.  Big difference. 

Yeah, I really don't understand what's so challenging about this concept. It baffles me. Just like I wouldn't walk up to a random woman on the street and expect her to unconditionally support me, I wouldn't appear on an internet message board and wait for everyone to tell me ONLY what I want to hear, nothing else.

Also, LOL at alatham. Yes

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

I don't want my friends IRL to laugh when I tell a joke that's not funny, coddle me when I'm being a whiny baby, or refrain from making fun of me when I ask a stupid question.  That would just be boring and fake.  This is the same reason why I like the Bump.  Generally, the girls here don't suffer fools, know enough not to get their medical advice from Internet strangers, and have a sense of humor. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

Well here's where the misinformation is coming from then if you have to correct people everyday then perhaps The Bump should change the description of this board because obviously they have it all wrong! lol!

The Bump Community Rules

Posted Monday, February 22, 2010 12:06 PM

Welcome to The Bump Community!  This is a great place to meet other moms in your area and in the same stage of TTC, pregnancy or parenting. In the community you can share great advice, your funny stories and vent about life. However there are a few rules we ask that you follow, which can be found in our Terms of Use.  We?ve explained these rules a bit more thoroughly below, so please read before joining in the discussion.

Keep it clean.
    We know you are all adults, and no, we?re not going to ban you for using profanity in conversation.  Yes, we are going to ban you if you?re malicious towards another user. Personal attacks of any kind are unacceptable, so please be mindful of the way you address others.

etc, etc, etc...

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

Well here's where the misinformation is coming from then if you have to correct people everyday then perhaps The Bump should change the description of this board because obviously they have it all wrong! lol!

The Bump Community Rules

Welcome to The Bump Community!  This is a great place to meet other moms in your area and in the same stage of TTC, pregnancy or parenting. In the community you can share great advice, your funny stories and vent about life. However there are a few rules we ask that you follow, which can be found in our Terms of Use.  We?ve explained these rules a bit more thoroughly below, so please read before joining in the discussion.

Keep it clean.
    We know you are all adults, and no, we?re not going to ban you for using profanity in conversation.  Yes, we are going to ban you if you?re malicious towards another user. Personal attacks of any kind are unacceptable, so please be mindful of the way you address others.

etc, etc, etc...

Maybe I'm missing it b/c I missed my afternoon nap today, but would you mind bolding the part it says the board is for support and encouragment? I don't see it here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

The Bump Community Rules

Keep it clean.

etc, etc, etc...

Hmm... no where do I see, "This is a place for support and encouragement.  No being honest and correcting when others are wrong.  You must only coddle and shiit puppies and rainbows."  Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

• Options
    imageBBHME:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

I don't want my friends IRL to laugh when I tell a joke that's not funny, coddle me when I'm being a whiny baby, or refrain from making fun of me when I ask a stupid question.  That would just be boring and fake.  This is the same reason why I like the Bump.  Generally, the girls here don't suffer fools, know enough not to get their medical advice from Internet strangers, and have a sense of humor. 

Fair enough, all I am saying is that people don't deserve to be torn apart because they ask a question that is not offensive and that maybe had they used a bit of common sense or internet research they would have realised they were worrying about nothing.  No one deserves to be treated like that.  I mean, maybe its not an issue to clue in a friend when they have a brain fart, but I would never purposefully try and make a complete stranger feel stupid about something.  You don't have to be their friend, or anything, just leave them be.

• Options
    imageSBear12:
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:

Yeah, I really don't understand what's so challenging about this concept. It baffles me. Just like I wouldn't walk up to a random woman on the street and expect her to unconditionally support me, I wouldn't appear on an internet message board and wait for everyone to tell me ONLY what I want to hear, nothing else.

I'm not asking anyone to coddle anyone else, I just think that people could use a little more tact if they are correcting someone, that is all.  I agree with your comment about walking up to someone in the street, but at the same time, would you walk up to someone on the street and tell them their are an idiot, they have it all wrong and why are they so stupid?  All I really meant by my comments is that people could use more tact.

• Options
    I am totally lost.  What drama is OP referring to today? 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options

imageizzourclue:

I'm with you.  What is going on?  Or is this just the run-of-the-mill GBCB?

A note to those who are here solely for "support".  You really might want to find another support system such as your SO, friends, family, etc.  Those people most likely love you unconditionally and are willing to help you all the time.  Internet strangers, not so much.

I'm not trying to be mean, this is just how the board works.  When I first joined, I thought "support" was the purpose, but I quickly learned I was mistaken.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

Maybe I'm missing it b/c I missed my afternoon nap today, but would you mind bolding the part it says the board is for support and encouragment? I don't see it here...

Alright, you guys are right, this board is solely for entertainment.  Let's all laugh when other people are told they are made to feel stupid, that's great entertainment.

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imageSBear12:
    imagefirsttimemama:
    imagemeags_j:

I'm not asking anyone to coddle anyone else, I just think that people could use a little more tact if they are correcting someone, that is all.  I agree with your comment about walking up to someone in the street, but at the same time, would you walk up to someone on the street and tell them their are an idiot, they have it all wrong and why are they so stupid?  All I really meant by my comments is that people could use more tact.

I would if said stranger asked my opinion.  When you post on a message board, you are asking thousands of strangers for input.  And most of us not only don't feel a need to hold back how we feel, but in some cases (such as baby names) feel a certain responsibility to be brutally honest. 

ETA: "don't"  Typing too fast again.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    imagemchupie:

imageizzourclue:

I'm with you.  What is going on?  Or is this just the run-of-the-mill GBCB?

A note to those who are here solely for "support".  You really might want to find another support system such as your SO, friends, family, etc.  Those people most likely love you unconditionally and are willing to help you all the time.  Internet strangers, not so much.

I'm not trying to be mean, this is just how the board works.  When I first joined, I thought "support" was the purpose, but I quickly learned I was mistaken.

I am quickly learning this...

• Options
    Many ladies keep BFP mum until later on in their pregnancies, so a support system doesn't really exist for them and that is why this forum can be helpful.

IMHO, this board is for support for some users and entertainment for others. Ignore the people that annoy you. There's also that handy "block" function if you should feel so inclined.

But then again, I give more credit than what's due to the internet!

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imageSBear12:

If a random person walked up to me on the street and asked me a ridiculous question, I'd answer them honestly. Exactly as honestly as I answer people on here. I wouldn't call them an idiot, just like I've never called anyone an idiot on here... just NMS.

And I agree that tact is nice in some situations, sure. But everyone online has varying degrees of it, same way people do IRL. That's what keeps things interesting. Different people, different personalities. Personally, I really like that aspect of TB.

• Options
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

Well said meags.  This board is for support and I may get flames for this, but the comments that some women have posted to sincere questions on this board, make me question their morals, character, and ability to raise a child to possess these traits.

That being said, there are a lot of wonderful supportive ladies too! They make it worth sticking around :). (God willing).

• Options
    Apparently you are out of the loop.  All the women on TB are bitter, old hags.  Didn't you know?  We're all just jealous of all the people like you, which is why you get flamed.  We are just so miserable that we want to bring you down too.  Ick!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:
    imagemissthing11:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

Well said meags.  This board is for support and I may get flames for this, but the comments that some women have posted to sincere questions on this board, make me question their morals, character, and ability to raise a child to possess these traits.

That being said, there are a lot of wonderful supportive ladies too! They make it worth sticking around :). (God willing).

It would be excellent if you bothered to read the other responses that have already covered quite clearly this board is not for support.

Sorry, my bad. I don't know what I was thinking.

• Options

I think the non-pg-related funny was the Dear Furbaby post from this morning to someone's (not the GBCB poster) dog about farting under her desk.  The first reply was about why did you post this, it's pointless. 

To the OP, if you think we're not supportive, then why do you think we'd care if you "take your toys and go home"?  This is just silly.

• Options
    imagemissthing11:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

Do you feel sorry for our husbands too?  Because that would make this post complete.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePamela05:

I think the non-pg-related funny was the Dear Furbaby post from this morning to someone's (not the GBCB poster) dog about farting under her desk.  The first reply was about why did you post this, it's pointless. 

To the OP, if you think we're not supportive, then why do you think we'd care if you "take your toys and go home"?  This is just silly.

Thank you!  It was really bothering me that I didn't know where this came from and I wasn't about to open every post to try and figure it out.

• Options
    imageSarahTx5701:

;( such is life on the bump. I just ignore things when they go down like that. For the most part it's very puppies and rainbows!

It was really bad back when I was in first tri 2 years ago....this place is super calm now!

good luck to you!

I agree

• Options
    I'm calling MUD.  If this person really wanted out, she would have been out.  Adding to the post adds the drama.  Attention seeker??  I would say so!  I'm calling your bluff lady.  Take your stupid toys and go.
  • Options
    well than good luck to you
  • Options
    imagemissthing11:
    imagemeags_j:
    imageBBHME:

There it is!

• Options

imageizzourclue:

I was looking for it too....let me know if you find it...otherwise it's a pointless argumentSleep, at least let us see and determine if someone was out of line.

• Options
    imageizzourclue:
    imagePamela05:

Thank you!  It was really bothering me that I didn't know where this came from and I wasn't about to open every post to try and figure it out.

Oops. I should have read the second page of posts.Embarrassed

• Options

I kind of agree. it is all our way of entertaining ourselves. I personally, don't say anything on here that I wouldn't to a person IRL.. so i try and keep the snark to a min. sometimes it sneaks out...

but it DO get it what the OP is trying to say. its a trend for some people to just TRY and be mean all-the-time. seriously Ladies, put on your big girl panties and have some respect. we are all people, if you don't like what the OP has to say. close out the window and read something else.

that wasn't so hard now was it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"