Phoenix Babies

Looking for a pediatrician in Mesa/Tempe

I live on the Tempe side of Mesa (near Banner Desert) and I am looking for a pediatrician that takes Aetna HMO - preferably someone that is pro attachment parenting and has an open mind when it comes to natural living and vaccinations. 

Any recommendations are appreciated, thank you! 

Re: Looking for a pediatrician in Mesa/Tempe

• I used to go to Mesa Pediatrics.  They have multiple offices, so just Google them.  I loved Dr. Smith in the Gilbert office, but have heard great things about the other docs as well, especially in Tempe.  

I sadly had to leave when I moved to Phoenix.  Sometimes I consider switching back to them and making the 40 minute drive, but it's tough when they are sick, but that's how much I loved that practice.  

I don't practice 100% attachment-parenting, but Dr. Smith was extremely supportive of my breastfeeding (which I hadn't found previously - previous docs always tried to push formula on my preemie), sling-wearing, co-sleeping, etc., but I don't know how he would have been if I co-slept past 8 months.   

• Thanks for your recommendation!
  • Loading the player...
  • I use mesa pedi in gilbert but I used to go to the one in mesa my self.  This was my dr years ago  Joseph Piacentine
  • Yep - Mesa Peds (I go to the Chandler office). They will discourage an alternate vaccine schedule but will do whatever you wish. I had this question when I interviewed our pedi. She told us why she believes in vaccines and she explained that they are safe, but that they will allow any schedule we choose. We ended up going with the regular schedule, but I felt comfortable knowing she would support whatever. I don't do the baby-wearing/attachment parenting thing to the extent that I asked about this. But I love her (Dr. Yoblonski).
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"