Detroit Babies

Had my 30 week appointment this morning...

... and both baby and I are doing well... except that baby is breech right now... and if the baby doesn't move in the next 5-6 weeks on it's own (which at this point is only 5%) then they'll try to move him or her manually (50/50 change of success) and then from there I'll have to have a C-section... So prayers for baby turning on it's own would be great...but if it doesn't happen I'm content as long as it means I'll have a healthy happy baby at the end of it :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Had my 30 week appointment this morning...

• If it makes you feel any better my son was breech until almost 34 weeks and he flipped and I was able to deliver naturally.  Hopefully the same happens for you!

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Konnor flipped at 33 weeks.  Don't worry, you have plenty of time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You have plenty of time for the baby to flip, so hopefully it decides to do some cartwheels in there.
  • Like the others have said, 30 weeks is still early enough for baby to flip around.  Try not to stress out about it too much.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• Thanks ladies :) That is encouraging! though I think I'd be okay with whatever happened... I know God has it handled :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • i've also read (but i can't remember where) about exercises you can do to try and help the baby flip. might be worth looking into.
  • I can understand your fears of the unknown.  I found out very late in my pregnancy the baby was breeched at 37 weeks and cried and cried about the decision to try to turn him or schedule a c-section.  He ended up coming early that weekend with my water breaking and I ended up having a c-section.  He was a big baby 2 weeks early, so I think things just worked out in the end because I'm not sure how I would have delivered him full term!  I looked at the spinningbabies.com website and tried some of the exercises they suggested.  I also considered going to a chiropractor as well, and they recommended I had started coming in around 30 weeks, so that might be worth a shot.  A friend of mine had success with her chiropractor.  It's really good you're finding out this early because there's still room for him/her to turn.  I was not so lucky finding out so late.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"