Military Families

Monday Morning Getting to Know Yous

1) What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?

I scored my first coach purse at an upscale consignment shop in DC.  It was brand new.  I still have that purse. 

2) What do you order when you eat Chinese food?

I love hot and sour soup, an eggroll and steamed dumplings (but I am very particular about my dumplings so that is only at specific places).

3) What was the best costume you ever wore?

Cat Burglar - all black clothing and hat, rope wrapped around my body like a sash and a black backpack with a white stuffed kitty peaking out.

4) Would you rather go to a club to dance or a sit-down bar

I am at the sit-down bar stage in my life now.  Though I am still known to get out on the dance floor and shake my booty (does that phrase not age me or what).

5) Best advice you've ever received?

Stop and think before you say or write anything. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Monday Morning Getting to Know Yous

• 1) What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?

Hmmm, for the most part, I don't have the patience for thrift stores (gotta love ADHD).  As for garage sales. . . when I was younger, I was never up early enough for garage sales.  Now that I'm up early enough, we still don't go, we head to the dog park instead.  I did do most of my shopping for baby stuff for Grant on-line and I scored a number of deals (especially on AAFES).   

I love cashew chicken--especially from the Chinese restaurant back home.  

My favorite was a costume that my grandma made me when I was in third grade.  I was really into Little House on the Prairie.  My grandma made me a dress and bonnet from the Prairie days.  I loved that dress!

4) Would you rather go to a club to dance or a sit-down bar

I'm much more of a "bar" kind of girl.  I've never been much of a dancer, but I am a talker!

Men should be partners, not projects.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?

Haha...kind of like Illumine, but mine was Dooney and Bourke. Brand new. And still using it. I love that purse. LoL :o)

Nothing...I don't eat Chinese, Japanese, Mexican...haha...I'm a very picky picky person.

A horse outfit my daddy made for me for Halloween. Haha.

Sit down-bar. I've never been the type to go to a club.

Things will get better. You just have to believe.
  • Loading the player...

I got the majority of Gia's clothes from Goodwill for no more than $1.50 for each piece.

Beef & Broccoli with plain Lo Mein and/or Fried Rice

It has been years since I actually dressed up for Halloween (like at least 10 years).

It depends on my mood and how I'm feeling physically.

Life is what you make of it.

I bought a 1 year old 6-drawer dresser with a mirror attached in perfect condition (just an ugly pain color) for $25! For that cheap I took the dresser in and had the pain stripped and it refinished and it still cost me less than buying a brand new one would have! 

General Tso's Chicken with white rice. I get the same thing every single time, but I only like it from one Chinese restaurant where I grew up in Jersey. Anytime I get Chinese anywhere else I just get chicken fried rice, but I rarely order Chinese unless I'm visiting home.

This seems silly, but when my sisters and I were little my mom and our neighbors' moms all made us Crayola crayon costumes in all different colors, then when we got to a house they would put a big box around all of us that looked like a crayon box. The younger of us stood in the front and the big kids were taller and in the back so we really looked like they do in the box. It was a huge hit and so cute!

4) Would you rather go to a club to dance or a sit-down bar

I'd rather go to a sit-down bar at this point. I had my clubbing in Atlantic City every Monday and weekend phase. Now I'd much rather just chill and drink and chat.

Believe in yourself and your abilities.

I am a thrift store fanatic!!! I have found all of my DD#2 clothes there for $2.00 or less, blankets for 50 cents or less each, medela bottles for my breast pump, a play mat( still with the tag and the bag around it ), umm and a few other things. That would have to be the best things I have gotten so far : ) 

I love egg drop soup with crab ragoon : ) But I usually get beef and broccoli with fried rice. Yumm now i'm hungry.

I dressed up last year with my bestfriend. I was a female cop, and she was a race car driver. It was really fun because I really didn't care if I looked stupid or not because I had my bestfriend with me : ) 

Both, it's fun to mix it up.

I've had alot of great advice. But I would have to say thinking before I say something is the best advice i've EVER had. I tend to say things out of anger, and it really hurts people. : (

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnant image,image,image,image

hmmm, I always seem to get good deals. Most recently it's been a cute peice of art to hang in our lounge that I paid $2 for at a yard sale.

Chicken and broccolli, white rice, and an egg roll yum!

For my sweet 16 (my b-day is on Halloween), I had a medieval costume ball and wore a dress my aunt made for me. It was awesome!

sit down bar. I just like to sit back and relax when I am drinking.

"Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it." Applies to pretty much every aspect of your life.

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

A desk at a garage sale that my mom and I restored. It lasted all through HS.  

Depends. Usually Won Ton soup and General Tso's chicken. Maybe pot stickers.

French Maid

Sit down bar.  Preferrably with little to no crowd.

Get your degree. It's a PITA but will be worth it in the end.

and
    Be nice to everyone you run into. You never know when they will be able to help you out in the future.

It isn't something that I bought, but it was bought for me.  Before my grandma died, we went to a yard sale while visiting her inlaws.  She bought a crystal punch bowl with matching cups.  She said she'd give it to me for my wedding.  She died when I was 9, but it is still something that I cherish.

Beef pepper steak or General Tso's chicken, egg rolls, and always crab rangoon.

My friend and I dressed as dead gypsies one year when we were around 11.  I don't know why we wanted to be dead.  I assume it was so we could paint our faces.  I look back and laugh because we stuffed our bras.  We were completely flat chested, but apparently gypsies aren't, lol.

Neither.  If I had to choose though, I would rather go to a sit-down bar.  I don't drink or dance, so both seem pretty pointless for me.

Value education.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. I found a brand new bundle me this weekend. I don't go garage saling much but I had so much fun this past weekend!

2. Fried rice, egg roll, and the stuff that has chicken and broccoli? It's delicious.

3. I was grapes one year.

4. Sit down bar.

5. Always keep God as the center of your marriage.

I have to admit - I don't shop at garage sales or thrift stores.  I might once the baby arrives.   I hate shopping to begin with, let alone having to search all over for something. 

2 vegetarian egg rolls, egg drop soup, and 4 seasoned green beans with white rice

Little Red Riding Hood.  I was a lot smaller then and looked great.

Neither.  I'm not a bar/club kind of gal.  If I had to choose, I suppose a sit down bar.

Take it one day at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"