Pregnant after 35

is a profile pic that important?

So, I went back to the peri today so they could try to get pics of her heart.  It took me walking in cirlces and almost doing sprints in the atrium of the building, but we finally got those, they told me to come back in a month, then I get a call from the office that they want me back next week because they didn't get a good profile pic of her, didn't know that was a medical picture, thought it was for the parents to have one...

So, does anyone know why this view is so important? 

Re: is a profile pic that important?

• Not sure why this view is so important either! Our baby wasn't cooperating so we didn't get a good profile picture. So the tech gave up and we went home with the pictures she got. I like that we don't have a profile pic b/c we are team green and going to wait to see the baby when its born anyway! No sneak peak here! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe to check for facial deformities or something? I didn't know it was that medically important. I know that it is a good sign to see a nasal bone because the absence of one can be an indication of a possible Downs baby. That's all I can think of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Profile is needed for the nasal bone check (soft marker for downs) as well as the spine check. Profile pic could mean the whole body and not just the head.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"