1st Trimester

Tight pants and nausea. Not quite the glowing pregnancy!

I must have tried on about 10 pair of my pants before finally wearing one that was two sizes too big just about a month ago! Sigh..... Looks like this pair of pants is going to be heavily used for the next two weeks :)

Nausea is finally hitting me this week too, and OMG...it sucks so bad, I eat and I puke, and I repeat this for about 4-5 times in a day. When I get too hungry, I puke, when I ate too fast, I puke... when will it finally stop? Oh please tell me it's only for few weeks more.... I'm hauling the trash can bucket everywhere I go...

Roughly at what weeks does your clothes, pants especially start getting snug? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tight pants and nausea. Not quite the glowing pregnancy!

• LOL... I love when people talk about PG glow.  I think "What?  The green hue radiating from me?"  My pants are already tight but this is my 2nd.  With my first, I seem to remember having to buy larger sized jeans at around 7 weeks.  I just bought them 3 sizes bigger (which I ashamed to say I needed to keep wearing until DS was 8 months old). 

The vomiting is different for everyone.  With my DS I had nausea but never threw up, and I feel pretty good this far with just a few waves of nausea, while my friend has thrown up every day for the full 9 months of 2 pregnancies now.  I hope you feel better soon! 

• I had lost weight in the months leading up to my BFP, so my pants were sagging a bit to start with.  My pants were uncomfortable at 8 weeks, and today I almost didn't get them buttoned. I have been mostly wearing empire waist dresses for the past two weeks.  Unfortunately they don't all disguise my bloat very well, so I haven't been able to wear them to work or around people I know. Thankfully I work from home every other day so I can be as pregnant looking as I like then :) 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageheehee611:

LOL... I love when people talk about PG glow.  I think "What?  The green hue radiating from me?"  My pants are already tight but this is my 2nd.  With my first, I seem to remember having to buy larger sized jeans at around 7 weeks.  I just bought them 3 sizes bigger (which I ashamed to say I needed to keep wearing until DS was 8 months old). 

The vomiting is different for everyone.  With my DS I had nausea but never threw up, and I feel pretty good this far with just a few waves of nausea, while my friend has thrown up every day for the full 9 months of 2 pregnancies now.  I hope you feel better soon! 

I am beginning to think that all that "pregnancy" glow is is the oil on my skin these days as well as the pimples that are making me look like I just hit puberty again Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My Husband and I went out this weekend, and I was shocked to find that none of my pants or shorts fit comfortably!  I wear scrubs during the day and athletic clothes at night usually so my expanding waist just slipped right by!  This is my second as well and I seem to be showing considerably sooner than the last time! Good luck with everything!

• imagebritnig:

My Husband and I went out this weekend, and I was shocked to find that none of my pants or shorts fit comfortably!  I wear scrubs during the day and athletic clothes at night usually so my expanding waist just slipped right by!  This is my second as well and I seem to be showing considerably sooner than the last time! Good luck with everything!

I wear scrubs too, thank goodness!   I made it to about 20 weeks with my DS before my scrub pants annoyed the crap out of me because they wouldn't stay up.  I bought maternity scrubs and they were awful so I just started wearing regular clothes to work (I'm allowed to, but prefer scrubs because they're so comfy!)  I only bought 3 paira of long pants and just did laundry every 3 days - not going to happen this time so I have some shopping to do!

• I'm 8 weeks (with my first) and on a weak moment after a day of heavy bloating and none of my pants fitting, broke down and bought some maternity pants.  Let me tell you, I am in HEAVEN.  Since then, my bloating has gone back down a little, but I am so glad I have maternity pants on the days that I am bloated before I get out the door to work.  I just bought the back panel pants, so they aren't noticable with a long shirt.  Big Smile 
  • I got a belly band toward the end of week 9 b/c I couldn't stand anything feeling tight on my stomach when I felt nauseous.  I'm still using it with any pants/shorts that button or zip.  My bump has finally started to pop over the last week.  It's kinda crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got pg on vacation (see ticker) and after a week of tapas and sangria, my pants were already pretty snug. As soon as the queasiness set in, around 6ish weeks, I had to unbotton them to keep the pressure from making me feel worse.

So, almost from the very beginning for me. Then the crazy bloat hit! Eeeek! at around 10/11 weeks the bloat went down, thank goodness, but now I have a little bump.

I say invest in stretchy skirts. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"