Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone take 200mg or more of zoloft?

Hi girls, I am currently almost 13 weeks pregnant and have suffered from anxiety for about 10 years or so. I made the decision to keep taking Zoloft while pregnant but had to increase it from 100mg to 150mg within the first 6 weeks of being pregnant. I still do not feel like I did before I got pregnant. My dr.told me to increase to 200mg. I was wondering if anyone took that much and if it helped them a lot. TIA

Re: Anyone take 200mg or more of zoloft?

• Options
    200mg is the highest dosage of Zoloft.I am on it right now. I guess it is helping but I really don't think it is the right med for me.
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options

I'm on 100 mg, but from what I understand, dosage with Zoloft is really variable person to person. Technically, the standard dose across the board is 50mg but in practicality many people do better with a higher dose. Some people do better on a low dose, though, so you have to kind of play around with it. As your dose increase so generally do side effects.

How long have you been on it? I found it took a good 2-3 months to really feel the effects.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey Jenny Thank you for replying to my message. I have been on Zoloft for about 2 years and consistently taking 100mg. After I got pg in april i immediately felt anxious. This was third IVF so that had something to do with it. At 6 weeks pg I went up to 150 and have been on that up until last week when I jumped up to 175. The reason i increased it was bc i started feeling overly anxious. The dr. told me take ativan if i am having bad anxiety but i havent done so yet. Any thoughts?? Tia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"